Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
burgrugby
350 Views, 7 Replies

Timeout Feature

When I leave LDD idle for 30 minutes or so, the flex license manager turns my license back in and LDD3 shuts down from my desktop. I went to the license server and couldn't find any settings to toggle that would give me a longer idle period. Is this the timeout feature? Does anyone know how to fix this?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: burgrugby

There is no timeout feature in LDD, or any other flavor of Autocad. There is a third
party "timeout" that may be running. You might check the server and see if this is
installed. http://www.cadstudio.cz/logoff .

There is not "native" method for specifying a timeout period on the adlm server.

Check the logs and see if they say anything about your license being "pulled".

hth

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

"burgrugby" wrote in message news:f07aaf1.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> When I leave LDD idle for 30 minutes or so, the flex license manager turns my license
back in and LDD3 shuts down from my desktop. I went to the license server and couldn't
find any settings to toggle that would give me a longer idle period. Is this the timeout
feature? Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
Message 3 of 8
burgrugby

The log just states that I checked the license out at x.xx time. Then it states that it was checked back in at x.xx time. It usually gets checked in (not by me) about a half hour or so if I sit idle. It's driving me crazy and my support/CAD guru can't figure out why.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

If you go into control panel where the License
Manager is installed, there is an ADLM icon and when you open that it will show
you the Zombie Timeout.  This might be what you are looking
for.

Jason Stevens

RGS Associates

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
The
log just states that I checked the license out at x.xx time. Then it states
that it was checked back in at x.xx time. It usually gets checked in (not by
me) about a half hour or so if I sit idle. It's driving me crazy and my
support/CAD guru can't figure out why.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

You don't have any special power settings on your machine that is causing it to hibernate
/ sleep / shutdown / any special stuff after any time period do you??
Keep track of the time you leave your machine for a couple of days (or however long it
takes to establish a pattern) and see if it is consistently 30 minutes or if it varies
quite a bit.
Also when you get back to your machine, has autocad fatal errored or is it completely
closed. If the license is being dropped then autocad "should" indicate a fatal error and
not just close the application.

hth

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

"burgrugby" wrote in message news:f07aaf1.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> The log just states that I checked the license out at x.xx time. Then it states that it
was checked back in at x.xx time. It usually gets checked in (not by me) about a half hour
or so if I sit idle. It's driving me crazy and my support/CAD guru can't figure out why.
>
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Jason -

The zombie timeout is different than a "license" timeout. The zombie timeout controls how
much time is allowed for the server to "hold" onto a license after it has lost
communications with the client.
Basically the client - server heartbeat is broken (for whatever reason). The client has
the zombie timeout period to re-establish the "heartbeat" before the license is
permanently dropped by the server. Once the license is dropped by the server the client
must close and re-open autocad to re-authorize

I'm not saying that the zombie timeout isn't part of the issue here, just that it has
nothing to do with inactivity.

jason

"Jason Stevens" wrote in message
news:35594C98662812DB510DA75726443845@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> If you go into control panel where the License Manager is installed, there is an ADLM
icon and when you open that it will show you the Zombie Timeout. This might be what you
are looking for.
>
> Jason Stevens
> RGS Associates
> "burgrugby" wrote in message
news:f07aaf1.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> The log just states that I checked the license out at x.xx time. Then it states that
it was checked back in at x.xx time. It usually gets checked in (not by me) about a half
hour or so if I sit idle. It's driving me crazy and my support/CAD guru can't figure out
why.
>
Message 7 of 8
burgrugby

Ok, yesterday I launched autocad, recorded the time I started the progam, then left it alone to see how long it took to boot me out. It never did... which tells me that I'm not getting booted from ACAD for inactivity. It's only when I go to lunch, a long meeting or some other time that my computer is totally inactive that I get kicked out of ACAD. There is no fatal error message. I come back to my desktop and ACAD is completely closed down. I am using windows NT (which I am not very familiar with being an old windows 9X user). I know in W98 there was a power save function, but I can't find a similar setting in NT. Any suggestions?
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I first read this and thought 'someone is playing a bad joke on him and
logging him out when he's at lunch', but barring that, check your display
settings. Particularly look at the monitor settings. There may be
additional power settings on the control panel. Check the screen saver too.
Also check the BIOS settings for power related settings. I don't know where
else power settings might be, but this sounds like that sort of problem.

burgrugby wrote in message
news:f07aaf1.5@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Ok, yesterday I launched autocad, recorded the time I started the progam,
then left it alone to see how long it took to boot me out. It never did...
which tells me that I'm not getting booted from ACAD for inactivity. It's
only when I go to lunch, a long meeting or some other time that my computer
is totally inactive that I get kicked out of ACAD. There is no fatal error
message. I come back to my desktop and ACAD is completely closed down. I am
using windows NT (which I am not very familiar with being an old windows 9X
user). I know in W98 there was a power save function, but I can't find a
similar setting in NT. Any suggestions?
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report