Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket #06750984 Errors after Installing AutoCAD Map 2010 on 2008R2

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
hsteinhuebel
416 Views, 7 Replies

Ticket #06750984 Errors after Installing AutoCAD Map 2010 on 2008R2

Installed AutoCAD Map 2010 on Server 2008R2.. Installed License manager and that is working with 5 licenses. When I pull the app up on the server, and choose anything except AutoCAD Classic, I get a Fatal Exception error. I can choose 2D Drafting and Annotation or 3D Modeling and it gives me this error: Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 4db1d3h I have installed the latest patch and the version is 13.0.141.0 I have a ticket # of 06750984 but the response is so slow so I posted here to get a quicker response.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: hsteinhuebel

why are you trying to run it on a server OS?

that might why its not working

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
hsteinhuebel
in reply to: DarrenP

Because it was working that way under Server 2003 and we have 5 users sharing licenses via License Manager..
Message 4 of 8
Darin.Green

hsteinhuebel,

The first thing I would try is running a repair. If that doesn't work for you, you may need to initiate the secondary installer to resolve the problem...

This process will set all of your settings to default and any customizations done will be lost, so you should probably create a backup...

To initiate the secondary installer, follow these steps:

Within Windows Explorer, delete/rename the following folders:

• C:\Users\<<Username>>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 2010
  • C:\Users\<<Username>>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 2010

Go into the registry editor and delete the following:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-7002:409

Once these folders are deleted (or backed up) start the application again.

I wish I would've found this before typing everything above. Use this link for more information:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14062982&linkID=9240857

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 8
byron.morales
in reply to: Darin.Green

Good Post Darin Green!

hsteinhuebel, let us know if this resolved your issue.

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 6 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

I agree with DarrenP.  Server 2008 R2 is not a supported operating system and in fact may violate your End User License Agreement. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
hsteinhuebel

Resolved.

The issue was that I was getting errors running the application on the server and thought it affected the users on their PCs as well but it did not.

If I tried to run anything except Autocad classic on the server it would error and I thought that was an issue.

I was mistaken.. as long as the License Server is working and running and serving up the 5 licenses, all is good from the user side.

I turned off the old server and the 5 users are up and running and working with no errors.

As I have never touched Autocad before, that probably was the biggest issue.

So the important thing for the future is that on the server, make sure you are running the latest 64bit version of License Manager, disable IPv6 with the MS patch and then reboot and make sure FlexLM is running as a service and once that works, config License Manager and make sure users can run Autocad on their desktops without any errors or nagging for license.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Correct.  Autodesk applications themselves do not need to be installed or run on the server for this to work.  You only need to install the NLM on the server and the applications on the clients pointing to the NLM server. 

Thanks for the update. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report