Installation & Licensing

tharindu.dxb
Message 1 of 6 (321 Views)

This product cannot be registered in The United Arab Emirates

321 Views, 5 Replies
12-13-2011 09:20 AM

Hi, I'm currently studying Civil Engineering and wish to start using your Autocad 2012 Student Version. I'm receiving the message "This product cannot be registered in The United Arab Emirates" when I try registering the product using the product key and serial that I have been provided by you.

Awaiting your swift reply,
Tharindu 

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 6 (317 Views)

Re: This product cannot be registered in The United Arab Emirates

12-13-2011 10:04 AM in reply to: tharindu.dxb

Hi Tharindu,

This issue is typically associated with your Education Community registration. Please "Private Message" your User ID, password, full name, email address, and serial number to me by clicking on my philip.s profile name -> then "Send this user a private message", so that I can troubleshoot accordingly.

Philip Schmelzer
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 3 of 6 (294 Views)

12-15-2011 08:29 AM in reply to: tharindu.dxb

Thank you for the information Tharindu,

As your original place of residence falls within a different country than that of the one that you attend school / set up your profile and requested your license, the error that you are receiving is valid. Please note that Autodesk software can only be used in the country that it is issued in. In order for you to have access in the United Arab Emirates, you will need to either run the product in trial mode (will only work for 30 days), and or register a new account within the Education Community that ties to the United Arab Emirates.

Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or inquiries.

Philip Schmelzer
tharindu.dxb
Message 4 of 6 (286 Views)

12-16-2011 01:22 AM in reply to: philip.s

Would I however be given a Student License if I were to make a new account with my Location as United Arab Emirates but with no University? 

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 5 of 6 (279 Views)

12-16-2011 08:18 AM in reply to: tharindu.dxb

Yes, if you were to create a new account (different e-mail address), there is an option as a student to select "Home School" in the School / University field.

As you mentioned that you'll be returning to Swinburne University Of Technology on January 3rd, would it be possible for you to run the software in it's 30 day trial mode until you're back?

Philip Schmelzer
tharindu.dxb
Message 6 of 6 (277 Views)

12-16-2011 08:45 AM in reply to: philip.s

Yes that is what I'm currently doing. It would just ease my mind once its all licensed and I don't have to worry about it again. I will make another account then. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Tharindu 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube