Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This new download method sucks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bpittman
963 Views, 5 Replies

This new download method sucks.

Autodesk, this new update method through download, with no box/media is horrrrrible. It takes forEVER and has bombed a couple of times. Had you just sent the CD, I would have had my deployment done hours ago.
Thanks also, for informing that I could change my update options, but had to do it before 2011 was released.
Oh great. Just as I'm typing this, on my third attempt to install this thing, I just got "Some files could not be created. Please close all applications, reboot Windows and restart this installation".
Are you KIDDING ME! Good god! What a great way to waste an entire friday afternoon. I need a drink.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
PhilvK
in reply to: bpittman

Love it!
Message 3 of 6
davecos

I agree. I've been trying to access the download all morning. I keep getting an error..

"No Access to Software Download
You do not have access to full product downloads. To request access, please contact your Software Coordinator or Contract Manager" ...which conveniently is a link to MY profile preferences and MY email address. wth??

So I sent myself an email requesting access. I hope to hear from myself some time soon.

I also have a trail of emails dating back to August 2005 requesting the access password for my VIP subscription. None of the autodesk replies contain it.
I started using ACAD in 1987 I'm really getting frustrated with the current direction of the autodesk products.

So what is the filesize if/when I get to download it? I just hope it's gonna be dial-up friendly.

The filesize is 2.6 gig. That part doesn't take too long with a fast connection.
But the next step, which is extracting about a gazillion files and folders takes for-freakin-ever.
And that's not the install. That is just creating the install program.
That part kept bombing on me.
Message 5 of 6
gemston1

I agree 100%... Hard copy DVD's with a simple printed manual for installation instructions would be MUCH more user friendly than this... After similar frustrations, my IT manager found where to order the DVD's on the Autodesk site... They are ordered and now we are waiting... This is expensive software... What does it cost to send DVD's to your customers?!?!... Please Autodesk, listen to your frustrated users!!
Message 6 of 6
bpittman

I also found the page on the website that says you can order the DVD.
But I couldn't figure how to make it let me enter a quantity.
So after your post, I tried it again. Now I see you have to click on a little diamond thing off to the side to "activate" that item in the list, in order for it you let you enter a quantity in the drop down.
Not exactly intuitive. But I got it ordered.
In the mean time, I my local rep was kind enough to give me the disk "trial" version, which is apparently the full blown software, once you enter your serial numbers and activation code.
Now I have to figure out why it keeps bombing when creating a network deployment. I'm getting suggestions from tech support, but nothing has worked yet.
It keeps crashing at the point where its installing materials library stuff. Great. Like I couldn't do without Aluminum metal anodized dark brown satin door frames.
Error 1304....see attachment. Anybody else?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report