Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thie serial number you entered ...is not valid

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Mslacat
681 Views, 13 Replies

Thie serial number you entered ...is not valid

I have a copy of Autocad LT 2010.  I just bought an upgrade to 2015.  I have gone through most of the set-up.  It asked for my "old serial number at the bigging of the process and accepted it.  Now it just gave me my Request code and it is asking for my "Old Serial Number" again and this time it tells me

The serial Number you entered for your previuos product is not valid. Try Again (18)

I know I entered the correct number many times but it will not take it I just get the above error message.  One note this is an install on a brand new computer (my old computer with Autocad LT 10 is over 4 years old and I wanted to replace both at the same time.  SEcond note when I bought the upgrade it specifically said I could upgrade from 10 to 15.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Mslacat

Hi Robert,

Using your Forums User ID and Email Address I was able to pull up your 2010 Serial # and it is still appearing as Registered on our system. 

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your 2015 Serial #.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 14
Mslacat
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

sent

Message 4 of 14
Mslacat

OK it is 12 hours later! My computer is still locked up in the Liecence verification screen while I wait for some Message board tech help!!  How do I get some real time tech help.  This is not some $50 dollar computor game this is a rather expencive piece of software this is costing me money and this a problem only Autodesk can solve.

Message 5 of 14
camilo.lemos

Hi @Mslacat 

Apologies for the delay on this. It was probably bad timing with Joane leaving the office before you sent her the Private Message. Could you please send me the same private message and also copy Jessica.T on it to ensure that we are able to handle this ASAP?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 6 of 14
Filliu

hi my laptop crashed and I had to reload my 2011 AutoCAD revit architecture when I try to activate it tells me my serial number is no longer valid how to I fix this I'm at work losing time and money. please help

Message 7 of 14
Mslacat
in reply to: Filliu

20 hours and waiting....... anyone home

Message 8 of 14
jessica.t

Hi @Mslacat,

I've been waiting for your Private Message but haven't received one. Please send it when you're ready.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 14
jessica.t
in reply to: Filliu

Hi @Filliu and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For licensing assistance, please contact our Activation and Registration team:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

If you have any other questions or concerns please reply to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 14
Mslacat

I sent it and I will now send it again

Message 11 of 14
markhume1

I have C3D 2009 and it says Serial Number not valid.  I am running Windows 8.1 which according tho the aganet who got me re-authorized last time, is why my program keeps losing its authorization.  But I was successful, but now aI cannot get the agents out of their own way - they claim the company they have is not the same as the one to which the license belongs.  They are asking for an invoice when the software was purchased many years before I acquired the company, and I have means to do so.  I'm not even sure the invoice exists.  They apparently are not reading what I am providing them and have seized upon this invoice.  How else can I get them to re-authorize my license, one I have been using for many years? - I even transferred it from an older machine to this one, which is when the problems started.

Please help - I am just trying to do some work.

Thanks

Message 12 of 14
jessica.t
in reply to: markhume1

Hi Mark,

I looked your case and see that you were able to resolve your issue. If you have any other questions or further concerns please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 13 of 14
lydiauzzell

Hello,

I'm having this same issue - I know that my old serial number is correct as I have it in an email from Autodesk from when I originally purchased AutoCAD LT.

Please help, I have wasted 72 minutes on hold with Autodesk, and over an hour online trying to sort out this VERY ANNOYING issue, meanwhile not getting any work done.....

Why is this never easy??

Lydia

Message 14 of 14
jessica.t
in reply to: lydiauzzell

Hi @lydiauzzell,

Typically when you receive the invalid serial number error the license you are trying to activate has either been upgraded or returned. I tried searching for your license by your email address but found no results. To confirm the serial number, please contact the Activation and Registration team by following the steps below:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

Please have your serial number and request code (if possible). I do apologize for the inconvenience and long wait but I assure you the contact method above is the best avenue for support. If all of the chat agents are busy please submit a web case. 

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report