Installation & Licensing

Titaus
Message 1 of 3 (13,787 Views)

The software license check out failed. Error 20.

13787 Views, 2 Replies
06-09-2011 09:02 PM

Hey all,

I have a problem that I am hoping someone here can help me with. I was reading others with similar issues, tried messing with flexnet, and cascade to no avail.

While working in 3d max today, I get a BSOD related to my video drivers needing to be updated. I restarted my computer, and upon logging back into windows, and starting 3d max, I get the error message-

"The software license check out failed. Error 20."

I can't get back into 3d max, repair, or reinstall in windows control panel. When I try to uninstall, I get the message(s)-

"1: 5 2: Failed to install/uninstall the anchor service. The Service is in use, Please try again later 3: 1002" and
"1: 5 2: Failed to install/uninstall the anchor service. 3: 1002"
It then tells me that the product failed to uninstall.

What can I do?

My computer is-

Intel i7 2600

Gigabyte  Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard

G Skill 8gb DDR3 2133 RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX460 2048mb video card

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit OS

Product Support
hashim.mundol
Message 2 of 3 (13,710 Views)

Re: The software license check out failed. Error 20.

06-23-2011 12:31 AM in reply to: Titaus

Looks like some file corruption.

If you have no other Autodesk 2010/2011/2012 products, please delet the license files (c:\programdata\flexnet\adskflex*.*)

and try to uninstall.

If it fails, you might have to manually clean up the installation using a 3rd party tool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

aesera_ark
Message 3 of 3 (11,417 Views)

Re: The software license check out failed. Error 20.

11-19-2011 02:49 AM in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hi,

I have the same problem as above, I followed your instruction but not yet solved, same error is repeatedly shown.

What should I do now?

Aasif Ridwan 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube