Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
6709 Views, 69 Replies

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

I am trying to activate my autodesk student liscense for 3ds max but I am getting this error when I choose the "connect now and activate" option: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2).

Please help, this problem is really bugging me.

69 REPLIES 69
Message 61 of 70
ani
Participant
in reply to: amanda.k

I am also getting the same problem, which is the serial number not being valid. I am trying to activate 3DS Max with a student license. Can you please help

Message 62 of 70
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: ani

Hi @jrodriguez1426,

I was able to pull up your EDU Account using the email address on file. 

I am not seeing any 3ds Max, the Products under your account are Autodesk AutoCAD 2014, Autodesk Maya 2014 and Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015.

Please try to download the Product from the site. Let us know if you're still having issues. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 63 of 70

Technical support simply told me to start a new account with a different
login. Once I did that, I didn't get the error message when downloading and
registering.
Message 64 of 70

Hello,

I am having the same issue installing Autocad Civil 3d from the educator website. How do I get this resolved?

Message 65 of 70
jess.jarvis
in reply to: 815196

Hello, I am having the same issue, I would appreciate it if someone could help. My code worked when I first got the installer working, but now it won't.

Thanks.

Message 66 of 70
lynn_zhang
in reply to: jess.jarvis

Hi @jess.jarvis Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Sorry that you're having trouble with the student license. The current workaround is to create a new Education Community account using a different e-mail address and AutodeskID. Then try the download and installation again. Let us know if it works!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 67 of 70
sheenxd04

help me guys, do i need to have a new serial ? 😞 haissss.

Message 68 of 70
lynn_zhang
in reply to: sheenxd04

Hi @sheenxd04 Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Sorry that you're having trouble with the student license. You might need a new serial number. Please create a new Education Community account using a different e-mail address and AutodeskID. Then try the download and installation again. Let us know if it works!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 69 of 70
Hubbard1866

I am having this same problem, can you help.

Message 70 of 70
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Hubbard1866

Hi @Hubbard1866 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

As indicated by Lynn, the easiest way around this issue is to register a new Education Community account with a different email address and obtain a new serial number.

There is no need to fully download the program again, simply go as far as obtaining the serial number.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report