Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 6 (1,930 Views)

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

1930 Views, 5 Replies
06-21-2013 06:47 AM

I have AutoCAD 2010 and 2012 I when I go to regisgter both products they give me the same error

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

These are coming right off of the box.

Gregg Peters

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 2 of 6 (1,925 Views)

Re: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

06-21-2013 07:06 AM in reply to: gpeters

Hi gpeters,

Any chance these products were purchased with a Susbcription contract? If so, they will have been upgraded even though you never took them out of the box and your upgraded products will have different serial numbers and will invalidate the serial numbers of your old versions (the ones in the boxes).

Could you send me the serial numbers via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll have a look at it for you?

Camilo Lemos
Message 3 of 6 (1,908 Views)

06-21-2013 09:30 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

I am facing this same problem with AutoCad Plant 3D 2012.
I wanted to upgrade my computer, so I uninstalled the program from the old computer and reinstalled it to the new one.

However, the error message appeared when I tried to put in the serial number and product key as shown on the box.

I don't know if the product was purchased with a subscription contract or has already been upgraded or not. 
Could you please help me? I will send you the serial number and product key via Private Message. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,672 Views)

09-18-2013 10:37 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

I have the same problem. My AutoCADLT 2010 may have been updated with a software subscription but I need to reinstall it on a computer who HD crashed and the video card is not support in AutoCAD LT 2012 so I need to install this version even though it is older. Can I private message you the Serial Number and get this working again?

Product Support
Message 5 of 6 (1,668 Views)

09-18-2013 10:56 AM in reply to: jeff.myers

You best bet will be to fill out the form linked below for activation assistance

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 6 (1,647 Views)

09-18-2013 04:28 PM in reply to: asburyj

I ran into this issue, I called the support line and they advised me that due to a newer version being released the serial number no longer worked. They gave me a new one and got it activated

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube