Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The serial number entered is invalid. Try again (ERROR 1)

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
soportehcs
2317 Views, 21 Replies

The serial number entered is invalid. Try again (ERROR 1)

Hello

I have two pc's with AutoCAD LT 2011 and has broken their hard drive.
When I try to activate the product on a new pc, getting the serial number and product key tells me that "The serial number entered is invalid. Try again (ERROR 1) 

How could get a license to install two new pc's? 
Why do I get this error?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
rkmcswain
in reply to: soportehcs

Was that serial number upgraded at some point?

There is a KB article to address this.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 22
soportehcs

I think the problem is that the serial number is not registered.

How I can do now that the time has expired?

I think the old PC's had autocad installed but not registered and now that he has broken their hard drive and not get those licenses

Message 4 of 22
pendean

You can't run AutoCAD for more than the free 30 day trial period without registering it; so it's something else like you have the wrong serial number info.
Where are you getting these digits from?
Message 5 of 22
soportehcs

serial number and product key is next to the sticker on the box. It is totally legal

I said earlier that he believed it was not activated you can not find another explanation to the error it gives me.

Message 6 of 22
camilo.lemos

Hi @soportehcs 

Please, send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 22
dsantucci
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I am having a similar problem. I have a stand alond license of 2014, it's been automatically upgraded to 2015. It says I can install the 2014 on another computer, but the program can only run on one computer at a time. When I installed it on my second computer, it says the serial # is not valid and will not register. What's going on here?

Message 8 of 22
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: dsantucci

Hi @dsantucci 

As you've mentioned, your software license had already been upgraded. In this case, automatic activation is already disabled for this version and you'll need to request for manual activation.

Please send me your serial number and request code via Private Message (click on my jeffrey.sin profile name and then click on Send This User a Private Message) and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 9 of 22

I'm having the same problems.  I needed to switch a machine from network to standalone and had to go through the fun process of uninstalling all the autodesk software (ACAD 2013-15), Revit (2013-15), Simulate (2014-15).  As I began reinstalling the software (starting with 2013) I cannot activate the software.  From the discussions above I need to request a manual activation for each piece of software.  Since I have 8 different products I need to activate is there a better option? 

I'm hesitant to continue with the 2014 and 2015 installs until I have resolved the 2013 installation.  Am I safe to proceed?

Can someone at Autodesk please contact me for the manual activations?

Message 10 of 22

Hello Jared and welcome to the community!

Just to make sure we are on the same page, the previously used network licenses would not also work for a standalone install. Do you have separate standalone licenses?

If so, you would not have to go through the manual activation process unless you had reached your activation limit and/or if the licenses had been upgraded per a since expired subscription, at which point you could contact our License Assistance Team for direct activation support.

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Either way, please let me know.

Message 11 of 22

We have both standalone and network licenses within the office and I was using a standalone serial number.

I tried the link to the License Assistance Team, but I could not see how to contact the team for direct activation support.

Message 12 of 22

I have the same problem, and i can´t install the autocad architeture 2012 

s/n xxx xxxxxxxx
Product Key xxxxx

Its registred for Ministério Público da Bahia 5 avenida Cab Salvador

Please help me

Please be aware that this is a public forum posting serial numbers or personal information is not advised

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 13 of 22

Hi @uitec.tecnologia and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For direct licensing assistance please contact our Activation and Registration department:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

There you can chat with a live agent or submit an email if all agents are busy. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 22

I did this but it didn´t work 

Message 15 of 22

How did it not work? What happened? Try clearing your cookies and cache? The more details you're able to provide the faster we'll be able to assist.

We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 16 of 22

the autocad was uninstalled of a machine without migrate a license and was installed on another to activate appear the error 1 , i tried to activate online as the images attached but did not receive response autocad

Message 17 of 22

Hi @uitec.tecnologia,

I have removed the serial number from your post. Please, do not post your product serial number on public websites and forums such as this one.

For direct activation and licensing assistance, please contact our License Assistance team by clicking on this link and then following the prompts:

Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 18 of 22

i tried all options to get a activation code and did´t get 

the trial period expired 

Message 19 of 22

Hello @uitec.tecnologia,

Using your screenshots I was able to generate an activation code for you:

E0EE 079H Z55E L5P3 RKL2 J54V 8NK4 VDNN 80ER 3JY6 C1FN GDD3 32QR QFJZ

But please, please do not post sensitive licensing information on this public forum. By doing so you risk having someone copy your license numbers. 

If you need anything else please let us know.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 20 of 22

thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report