Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "opt out" on Infrastructure Premium 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Tim.McAvinney
238 Views, 2 Replies

The "opt out" on Infrastructure Premium 2014

I declined to respond to the Infrastructure Premium 2014 upgrade offer, so as I understand the final e-mail on that topic from Autodesk, that means I automatically "opted out" of the upgrade as of July 15th 2013.

The original default option was to "opt in" to the upgrade and all that still shows up on my Subscription Download page is the Infrastructure Premium bundle.  Will I get into trouble with Autodesk or incurr upgrade or additional subscription charges if I donload this (12 GB!) bundle and only install Civil3D 2014 using the serial number I've already been given to activate it?

Should I instead download only Civil3D from the Civil3D 2014  "free trial" page and then use my serial number to activate that install? 

You people have really needlessly complicated things this year with your fumble-fingered attempt to automatically upgrade us all to more expensive software.  Software that we don't want and didn't ask for - as you apparently realized with your opt-in/opt-out reversal.  Now fix the rest of your distribution system.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Tim.McAvinney

I would recommend just downloading the Civil portion and save yourself some download time and product key/activation headaches later.

Try downloading your product using Matt, the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
Tim.McAvinney
in reply to: TravisNave

At the recommendation of my reseller, I started a customer service case with Autodesk.  Apparently I am not the first person who declined to "opt-in" on the upgrade but had not seen their subscription page download options change.  I was also still in possession of a serial number that was valid for Infrastructure Premium.

Autodesk reset my subscription preference to Civil3D, and issued me a new serial number and CD key.  I was told I could download from the "Free Trial" page if I needed to (and use the new serial #), but the download selection on my subscription page has already changed to the appropriate products, so that's not an issue.

A caution for other folks - having an Infrastructure Premium serial number and using it looks like it might cause you headaches down the line - even if it does activate a copy of Civil3D for you.  It looks like you should get a Civil3D-only serial number from Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report