Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
tgrambow
220 Views, 1 Reply

The ideal deployment

Hi there,

we are bout to roll out some 2012 of inventor and autocad and since the last rollout globalizing has taken some steps ahead. Now i wonder, if we have all those different license pools in each country/region, everyone with its own serial number ... and the deployment image wizard asks for a serial number, does it really mean we need to have a deplyment image for each serial number?

How would the ideal depoyment world look like if you have to start from scratch with a global company, license pools in each country as needed, but you want to maintain only one deplyment image of each software bundle?

In the end its not only creating those deployment images from the Autodesk software, but its also packaging them for your global rollout utility regardless if you use SCCM or whatever is out there.

If you have a few lines on how you do it with pro and cons, that would be cool, aslo maybe Autodesk could give an idea of how this could be managed?

regards

Torsten

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: tgrambow

If you have network seats, then your serial number doesn't really matter since the licenses are held by the NLM server.  You can place any valid serial in that box and create only one deployment.  If you have multi-seat stand-alones, you will need separate serials or the opportunity to let the user change it during installation - read: not silent mode. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report