Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The copy functions cannot be used.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
FT398
1170 Views, 0 Replies

The copy functions cannot be used.

I know this subject has been discussed many times in the past but I'm going to raise it again.

When trying to create a deployment of the CADmep 2015 Object Enabler I get this error. I should point out that I have created deployments of AutoCAD, Simulate, Manage, Freedom and CADmep on the same machine with no problems - it is only the CADmep OE package that is giving me this error.

In the past people have said that it was caused by folder permissions or network access etc. In my case the installer is on my C-Drive and I am creating the deployment on the same drive. Permissions are most definitely not an issue and there is no network involved. As previoulsy stated I have been able to create other deployments with no error so why is this one any different? I have tried on two other machines and those too give the same error.

Another suggested 'fix' is that users should use XP to create the deployment but being as XP is now considered to be 'dead' I don't see this any kind of fix. Also, people that have gone to the trouble of sourcing a machine running XP have still had the same problem occur.

I will point out that this error message "The copy functions cannot be used" is not a new one when it comes to Autodesk deployments but it is the first time I have encountered it whilst creating a deployment. Having never seen the problem at all while using network deployments since the 2004 release of AutoCAD, when we started pushing 2014 (AutoCAD, Navisworks, CADmep, Revit) out to users we had a high number of machines that reported this error during the installation. There was no rhyme nor reason to the failures - we could have some machines that everything installed on, others would allow some to install but not others, other machines would allow a different set of packages install that had failed on other machines while packages that had previously installed would fail on other machines. We even found that running the same deployment again after a failure would sometimes allow the install to work - sometimes needing 3-4 attempts but it would eventually work. However, in the case of trying to create the CADmep OE deployment, no matter how many times I try and on what machine I use it simply will not work.

Any ideas other than the ones I already mentioned above which do not work?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report