Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tested remote new license from a local machine... now...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mdhutchinson
432 Views, 2 Replies

Tested remote new license from a local machine... now...

Let me see if I can explain this...

I tested a remote Autodesk License Manager located on a remote server (B)...

... to do this... we shut down our local License Manager Server (A). I started up a local AutoCAD MEP installation (on A LAN)... of course the license manager couldn't get a connection (A) so I specified the remote server across the WAN (B). AutoCAD MEP correctly found the remote server and after specifiing the location and name of the license file the new license file and LMTools was properly configured and started up AutoCAD MEP getting the license from the remote server (B).

Howeever, Now I have a problem... I cannot seem to repoint the local installation back to the LAN License server - If I shut down B server - local AutoCAD finds A server fine, but when I start B server back up, the local AutoCAD finds B instead of A. Will I need to re-install AutoCAD?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: mdhutchinson

No.  You just need to use the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable and force the client to look for the original server A until you plan on changing it. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

It also might be in your LICPATH.LIC file in the application root.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
mdhutchinson
in reply to: TravisNave

LICPATH.LIC was still referencing the desired server

As suggested, I used the variable ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

This worked...

... what I did was to set the variable and started up AutoCAD.

Check that the server was as desired.

Then I shut down AutoCAD and deleted the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable. Then restarted AutoCAD. The correct server stuck just fine without the variable at that point.

Reboot and restart AutoCAD confirmed the server was correct.

thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report