Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal Services & Education

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tech12
767 Views, 6 Replies

Terminal Services & Education

We have about 30 students yearly that take courses requiring Autodesk Professional 2015, AutoCad and Maya, and each of them have a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. In the past we would install Bootcamp on the student's laptop who require this software but it becomes a bit overwhelming to do this in a short amount of time before new semesters etc and the MacBook Pros don't run so well with this. We have a very robust VMware environment with 3 hosts that I am interested in leveraging with a Windows 2012 server and installing these apps on. Looking at the EULA, it doesn't look like terminal services is allowed but that is for the paid license version I believe. I can't find any info on doing this with the educational licenses? If this is possible for my students, does anyone have experience setting this up? Any advice etc?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: tech12

the EULA applies to all licenses

Citrix would be the only supported platform for virtualization

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
tech12
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks Darren, I saw the answer I was quoting earlier in a post somewhere but don't see that specifically in the EULA listed below. Am I looking at the wrong link? http://download.autodesk.com/us/FY15/Suites/LSA/en-US/lsa.html
Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

right here: 10. Session Specific Network License. If the License Identification identifies the License Type as a "Session Specific Network License", Licensee may install one (1) copy of the specific release of the Licensed Materials designated in the applicable License Identification on a Computer and permit Access to such Licensed Materials from multiple Computers through a Supported Virtualization Application, on a Networked Basis, solely by Licensee's Personnel, solely for Licensee's Internal Business needs, only so long as the maximum number of concurrent Sessions does not exceed the Permitted Number or other limits imposed by the Autodesk License Manager tool (if any). For purposes of this Session Specific Network License, (a) a “Session” is defined as a single interactive information exchange between two Computers that are connected through a Supported Virtualization Application, and (b) “Supported Virtualization Application(s)” are those third party virtualization applications or methods that are specifically identified as supported by Autodesk in the User Documentation for the Licensed Materials. With respect to the applicable Supported Virtualization Application, Licensee agrees to activate any available session tracking mechanism, not disable any such session tracking mechanism and to retain all records generated by such session tracking mechanism. A Session Specific Network License is for a perpetual term, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.

the only supported virtualization autodesk supports is Citrix

and certain products require a special citrix license to run in a citrix enviroment

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
tech12

Darren, thanks very much
Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

more info and clarification

2014 & 2015 products do not require a special citrix license anymore they just use the regular network licenses

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13959101

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
tech12

Sorry but I only see Citrix info here?

Also, I found out that all software is now free to Education customers as of May 7th, 2014 http://news.autodesk.com/press-release/autodesk-consumer-group-and-education/autodesk-transforms-edu...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report