Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from local installation of MoldFlow to Network

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dthomas
272 Views, 1 Reply

Switching from local installation of MoldFlow to Network

I am trying to install MoldFlow as a network installation and have several questions.

1.  We have versions going all the way back to 2010, do I need to install the 2010 version and then install all upgrades after that?  Or can I just install 2013?

2.  The software is currently installed on one workstation, do I uninstall it and then reinstall it as a network managed install?

3.  Do I only install the License manager software on the server and the software on the intended workstations, pointing them back to the server?  Or does the software also have to be installed on the server?

4.  Are there any detailed instructions for doing something like this anywhere??

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: dthomas

This should answer your concerns:

1.  You can just install 2013.  The "upgrade" is just for the licensing price and/or Subscription.  It does not actually require you to have the previous versions installed. 

2.  Yes, you will have to uninstall any stand-alone version to reinstall as a network version. 

3.  You only need to have a license manager installed on the server.  The software is installed on the client only and does not have to be installed on the server.  Likewise, you could also install the NLM on the client with the application. 

4.  You can find a brief set of instructions here:  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18703983&linkID=13030537

Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report