Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Degrade

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
WyldeParnelle
390 Views, 5 Replies

Subscription Degrade

I currently have an Inventor Suite Professional subscription and I no longer need to maintain Inventor since I have moved my business to part time. Just basic AutoCAD will do the job now. I want to degrade my current subscription to just simply AutoCAD but I am being told that in order to do that I have to start all over and BUY a new copy AutoCAD. What kind of rediculous rip off is this?! Is this correct? Can't I simply degrade the subscription to AutoCAD for future updates and keep what I have thus far? I paid for it!

Is this the price users pay to be legit, it's highway robbery and AutoDesk should be ashamed of themselves! I have been a legit customer for 14 years.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: WyldeParnelle

Call another reseller.  Downgrades happen all the time.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
dgorsman

But... you *didn't* pay for AutoCAD.  You paid for Inventor Professional.  As many in the Inventor board are fond of saying, "Inventor isn't AutoCAD."  This applies to both the work procedures as well as licensing.

As noted resellers may be able to cut you a deal and eat the extra cost themselves.  But I'm not certain where you would expect to get savings from, or how much since AutoCAD is already significantly cheaper?  In fact, provided you have a stand-alone license you can continue using and activating that Inventor Pro license until it is no longer supported (usually by operating system upgrades) regardless of dropping the subscription payments.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 6
WyldeParnelle
in reply to: dgorsman

All I can say for 100% certainty is I am not paying $5,071.80 to start over or even $2,830.15 what I was just quoted to degrade. I will look at other options even if it means leaving Autodesk as my cad software provider.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Don't make the same mistake at your next vendor: bundles are sold as a single package by almost everyone. You can't break them up.
Message 6 of 6

Solved 🙂 with options I found acceptable with Autodesk directly. They were great help. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report