Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Advantage Pack SP2, x64

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DasBeast
410 Views, 3 Replies

Subscription Advantage Pack SP2, x64

Experiencing multiple crashes in Inventor Professional 2010.  The CER e-mail that is automatically generated following a crash indicates that 2010 Advantage Pack SP2 x64 is available for download.  After installing the new update, Inventor fails to open stating that the .exe file could not be found.  Only fix available is to uninstall the SP2 update, but then Inventor resumes crashing while working w/ FEA projects and/or STP file imports.   Any suggestions?  Not having much luck posting a request to the Subscription site and my reseller has offered no assistance to date.

System Configuration:
Inventor Pro 2011, 64-bit edition
Build: 239
Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
12.0 GB RAM
ATI FirePro V8700, 1GB GDDR5
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

There are two versions of SP2 - One with subscription bonus pack and other without. Please make sure you have installed the correct one from the site below. Did you try installing SP3 after SP2. This might help to fix your crash.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14275047&linkID=9242019

You could try this Addin repair utility,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13404176&linkID=9242018

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4

The first link provided points to a file labeled Inventor2010_sub_advantagepack_sp2_x64.msp

Out of curiousity, how is this file different from the link provided by the CER e-mail, Inventor2010_sr20.msp?

Is there a direct link for the Sub_advantage_sp3 file?

Thanks,

System Configuration:
Inventor Pro 2011, 64-bit edition
Build: 239
Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
12.0 GB RAM
ATI FirePro V8700, 1GB GDDR5
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

You are prefectly right. It should take you to the right build. Sometimes, if your service pack install didn't go through properly, it would evaluate the current one shown our system registry. Thats why I gave the place where you can download the correct service packs manually.Since you mentioned you have crashes after installing SP, can you provide me the email address that you used to submit the crash to Autodesk. This would help me to have an insight on the issue and provide you with some suggestions.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report