Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
dylanrogers
446 Views, 3 Replies

Styles Library

Hey Folks,

I would like to capture all of my styles that I have set in inventor 2010 and previous additions. How can I do this and apply these styles to the new load of 2011 inventor software?

Dylan T. Rogers
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bobvdd
in reply to: dylanrogers

Hi Dylan,

If you have the Design Data folders of both 2010 and 2011 on your machine, the best method is to use the Style Library Manager to do this.
You can find this utility in the Tools menu on the Windows Start menu.

If you only have a couple of styles you can also export the styles manually from Inventor 2010 as xml files and import these in 2011.
This can be done by starting the Style Library Editor from within Inventor and hitting the Export/Import buttons.

There is a also presentation on Youtube that goes in great length on how to use Style Library Manager amongst other things
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13646334&linkID=9242018

Cheers.
Bob Van der Donck
Inventor Product Support Technical Lead

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 3 of 4
dylanrogers

I will have both inventor 2011 and 2010 on my machine at the same time...briefly. I would like to know where the design data folder is located in the inventor software.

Is it possible to store the styles somewhere else in my computer and then use the design options to locate the folder?

Dylan T. Rogers
Message 4 of 4
bobvdd

Inventor will look for your styles in the "Design Data" folder as defined in your ACTIVE project file.
You can find this folder when you expand the Folder Options in the project editor (Manage > Projects)

If you are on WIN7 or VISTA, the folders by default will be
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2010\Design Data\ (for 2010)
and
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\Design Data\ (for 2011)

So in principle you can copy your Design Data folder anywhere on your disk as long as you change your active project file accordingly and as long as you point the project to a 2010 style folder when you work with 2010 and point it to 2011 styles when you work in 2011.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report