Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student with brand new computer can't install student version of maya 2014

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jrdaigle
1027 Views, 11 Replies

Student with brand new computer can't install student version of maya 2014

Hello,

I'm a student studying game design and required for the classes are maya and mudbox. Recently I was given a brand new ASUS tower (I'll look for the specs). I nstalled Mudbox 2014 and everything went fine the first try, it installed and is sitting on my desktop as we speak. Then I went to grab Maya 2014 and I went to the install page and opened the application. It seems to go through a 5-10 mintue installation process only to give me this "install failed" prompt. I grabbed the install log but I can't make heads or tails of it. Can anyone on here translate it for me? Please and thank you 🙂 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jessica.t
in reply to: jrdaigle

Hello and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Could you take a look at this solution to see if it resolves your error? Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 12
jrdaigle
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi,

I've been reading the topic you sent me and it seems to do with autoCAD. will this work with my maya 2014 problem as well?
Message 4 of 12
jessica.t

If you're working on a Windows, yes. It's the same error just a different product.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 12
jrdaigle

The link to the ORCA download seems to have 404'd. Do you have another place for me to get it?
Message 6 of 12
jrdaigle

hi,

I was able to find the ORCA program, but what do I do from here? what do I open with ORCA? I'm completely lost.

Message 7 of 12
jessica.t

Hi again! So sorry for the late reply. Which part in the directions are you stuck on exactly? Any details would be great, thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 12
dembkod

jrdaigle

Your failure is related to your method of installation. You are using an “Install Now” from eth website and the download is failing partway. Can you change your install method to “Browser Download” or “Download Now” and then install?

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 9 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: dembkod

Agreed. 

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

I posted about this issue in my Aborted Download (found in my signature) and I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 10 of 12
jrdaigle

Sorry for the late reply, The part I'm stuck at is when I open the "msxml6_x64" installer file with ORCA. I then tried to look for the items under "CustomAction" table. They seem completely different to the ones in the solution. I'm not even sure if I have the right thing open to be honest. I'll try the alternative kind of download that Travis mentioned and see if that works. 

Also sorry for the late response, I've been busy with school. 

Message 11 of 12
jrdaigle
in reply to: TravisNave

This worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

Message 12 of 12
TravisNave

Excellent.  Go ahead and mark this thread solved if you have time.  Thanks for using the community!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report