Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student version file opened in full version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rob
Community Visitor
1355 Views, 2 Replies

Student version file opened in full version

Hi,

I have created a .dwg file in a student version and sent it to someone with the full version.

They say that firstly the picture still prints with the student banners but more worryingly, all subsequent prints of other drawings now contain the student banners !

Can anyone pelase suggest if firstly this is possible (I never trust what someone else says!) and either way how can the student print banners be reomved from the drawing that I sent when they open it? I would have thought that it would have disappeared automatically ..!

Many thanks

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: rob

you shouldn't have done that

that banner will never go away its in the file forever

he has infected all drawings he has xrefed into the student file

he will have to recreate everything

it probably would have been a good idea to do research first before sending the file

and not just assume

just a suggestion

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
rob
Community Visitor
in reply to: DarrenP

that banner will never go away its in the file forever

he has infected all drawings he has xrefed into the student file

he will have to recreate everything

Hi thanks for your reply,

I'm not sure I understand - surely there is no reason why a full license holder can't use that file legitimately, change it and plot it without the banner?!

Anyway that aside, OK so it's in that particular drawing file forever, what do you mean by he has infected all drawings referenced into that file? So are you saying that either the drawings need to be restored from backup, or the entire AutoCAD needs to be reinstalled on that computer.

And thanks for your suggestion, about researching this behaviour first, thats helpful. It's like telling someone to research if there will be a car crash before getting in their car to drive to the local shops. If the student banner is some sort of 'spreading infection' then how that could possibly affect a fully paid up version holder's work is totally ridiculous and utterly unprecedented behaviour ....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report