Installation & Licensing

ml.sage
Message 1 of 2 (91 Views)

Student useable?

91 Views, 1 Replies
01-16-2013 07:05 PM

I have a job interview and want to take some of my AutoCAD project files to the job interview.  I have a student version of AutoCAD 2013 that I created the files with. Will these files corrupt a commercial version of AutoCAD?

Contributor
a2ksupport
Message 2 of 2 (78 Views)

Re: Student useable?

01-16-2013 10:31 PM in reply to: ml.sage

It won't corrupt the AutoCAD install, but any commercial drawing that the student drawings come in contact with will get the education version stamp on them.

For example if you do any of the following, the commercial drawing will get an education version stamp on it.

Xref student drawings into commercial drawings

copy/paste from student to commercial drawings

Insert the student drawing as a block into the commercial drawing

WBLOCK any part of the student drawing and insert that block into the commercial drawing...

etc

etc

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube