Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student to Commercial license problem! 3Ds Max Related

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tjunkers
1942 Views, 2 Replies

Student to Commercial license problem! 3Ds Max Related

Ok so I have the student version of 3ds max 2010 and bought the '2010 student to 2011 commercial' software. Before i received it i tried out the max 2011 13 month trial from students.autodesk.com

I uninstalled that version of max 2011 and installed from the disc i got from autodesk. After giving my new serial number and product key, finishing installing and starting up the program... it still claims its a student version... what do i do??

Is the 2011 trials license stuck in the registry or something to that effect?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: tjunkers

It installed seeing the existing license. Simpy go to Help>About Autodesk 3DS Max>Product Information and change to your commercial serial number and activate new license.

If this doesn't work (it should) you will have to find the Autodesk Clean Uninstall document (including Registry edits - not for beginners).
I would then run free Windows Install Clean Up utility.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
jgreen1
in reply to: tjunkers

hey did you by any chance get any kind of discount moving from the student to the professional version?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report