Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student copy of 3DS Max not working in any way

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
okayynot
1840 Views, 3 Replies

Student copy of 3DS Max not working in any way

I set up a student account, and registered 3DS Max 2013.

If I use "Install Now" I download the installer, then I open it up and it appears to do something before getting the message "Setup initialization failed. Error downloading. Please Install Now again from the Audodesk website."

If I use "Download Now" it installs the download manager... and I think I'm confused because then how would I add downloads?

And if I use "Browser Download" I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." or something to that effect.

-Windows7 64-bit

-3DS Max

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: okayynot

Hi  okayynot

We downloaded 3Ds Max from the Education Site using the Install Now and Browser Download buttons and we were able to do so. We used IE8 to download the Product. 

Prior to download, please check/do the following:
   - Clear cache and delete cookes
   - Check your anti virus or firewall

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 4
humpa13

I have had no problem downloading 3ds max student version, and have successfully installed the product onto my computer. But when I try to access the program, it says 'Starting 3ds max' but does not load, no matter how long I wait

Message 4 of 4
diz1987

i am having this same problem.

My computer is new with windows 7, 16GB ram and Quadro graphics card. 

I am able to install 3Ds Max 2011, 2012 and 2013 the student copy but when i try to open it, it doesnt work, it half opens and just freezes, Ctrl Alt Del does not do anything and i have to hold down the off button. I have tried many times but can not find a way. 

I was wondering if you could help me. 

Thanks,

Regards,

Dhiren 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report