Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student and Teacher for Makerspace. Getting licenses?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NicholasAndreae
591 Views, 3 Replies

Student and Teacher for Makerspace. Getting licenses?

Hello,

I am a student at McMaster University and a member of ThinkHaus. ThinkHaus is a maker space. One of the common activities is building and operating RepRap 3d printers that use .stl files. I am the only member who knows how to make .stl files, while others download the files from Thingverse.

In the comming week, I am leading a tutorial on how to use Inventor. Some members are students at McMaster and can use their email to get Invnetor. For other members, they do not have licenses.

A key about ThinkHaus is that we are a makerspace club. We have no comercial or financial departments and I have been told other makerspaces have licenses of Inventor for their members. What can I do to get licenses for other members?

Nicholas Andreae

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: NicholasAndreae

Hi Nicholas!

If you're a student and your group does not intent to use Autodesk software for commercial or for-profit use, check out Education Community free licenses. For further information on who's eligible, please see these requirements.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions please respond to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 4
NicholasAndreae
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello,

I am going through the hoops again to see what I need to do this.

I am teaching Autodesk Inventor to members of a club. Our organization is located here (http://www.thinkhaus.org/). I would like to teach classes to the community about how to use Autodesk Inventor to produce files for our 3D printers. These projects are non-commercial.

How can I aquire licenses for members of Thinkhaus, or do I have to have dedicated ThinkHaus computers that I will install Autodesk Inventor onto? I assume we will need a non-linux based opperating system to do this. How can I, or can I, register ThinkHaus as an organization to aquire licenses from, as it is not an institution, school, or univeristy. It is an open, non-commercial collective.

I have been told that other groups (Site 3 in Toronto) have aquired lincenses for their equipment. I have been told I can register ThinkHaus to get licenses, but I cannot figure out how and I have not gotten a solid reply of how this was done from the people there.

My direct question I need answered is:

How can I aquire Autodesk Inventor licenses to use at the ThinkHaus Makerspace?

When looking at the sites you posted, it indicated that there were spots for teachers and students. We are neither, so I do not know what to select.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: NicholasAndreae

you may want to look into this:

http://www.autodesk.com/sustainable-design/software-partnerships/nonprofits

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report