Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student To Commercial License

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Gam3r18
766 Views, 1 Reply

Student To Commercial License

If I were to use the student license of Maya to build a game and upgrade to Maya commercial before I released the game, would the work that I created in Maya student be compatible with Maya commercial? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: Gam3r18

Hello Gam3r18,

The short answer is no.

Any thing that you create while utilizing the free Educational license is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Education Community as well as the Platform LSA. The breakdown is solely for Personal Learning Purposes, and only at and from locations that are not labs or classrooms and are not operated for commercial, professional or for-profit purposes.

Most Educational licenses also output a watermark indicating that the design was created using an Educational copy and was not purchased for legal Commercial use, which can't be removed. On top of that, if a drawing or project created in an Educational version is opened in a commercial version, the software will revert back to the educational license and will have to be uninstalled / reinstalled in order to restore it.

Hope that helps / please let us know if you have any additional questions or accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report