Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Inventor Pro 2014 corrupt download.

35 REPLIES 35
Message 1 of 36
MCStone1979
1580 Views, 35 Replies

Student Inventor Pro 2014 corrupt download.

I have attempted to download Inventor 2014 multiple times using all three methods: automated download, install now, and browser download (I've used chrome, IE, and Firefox, along with Internet Download Manager, and none of these are working, all area ble to download but none can complete the self extraction process. I have no firewal enabled nor an AV active.I've gotten as far as the install twice and it failed to install the program, both times flashing a "failed" to decompress message. But more often the downloaded file is corrupt or your automated downloader freezes with an error: 0x250000ff. If I download using the browser method the self extraction utillity freezes at various levels of decompression ranging from a few hundred meg to 7.9Gig.

Any help would be appreciated,

Mike

35 REPLIES 35
Message 21 of 36

Hi @AndrewDavidson97,

Have you tried downloading from a different network? For example, from school or work, a friend's house, a coffee shop, etc.? What operating system are you working with? Have you tried clearing the cookies and cache from your preferred web browser? Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 22 of 36

I have tryed all of these(i am using a desktop so i can't move it from my house) do you know any other solutions or mabay what the problem could be

Message 23 of 36

Hi Andrew,

Have you tried changing your download method? Let me know how it goes and thanks for hanging in there as we try to get this figured out!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 24 of 36

hi

i have tryed all the download methods and it sitill doesn't work.

Message 25 of 36

Hi again Andrew,

Thanks for the additional information. What's the error that you receive when choosing the Install Now option? That method should give you a distinct error that may be more useful, a screenshot would be great. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 26 of 36

Error 1395. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,version="8.0.50727.762",PublicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type=win32'".

Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

Tags (1)
Message 27 of 36

Thank you! Give this Microsoft solution a try!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 28 of 36

sorry about all this but it still isn't working.

this is what comes up on the screen.

Message 29 of 36

Hi Andrew,

We didn't seem to receive the error message or screenshot you were pertaining to. Can you resend it so we could troubleshoot further?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin
Message 30 of 36

Capture.PNG

Message 31 of 36

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the screenshot! Will you try this Autodesk Solution and let me know if it resolves the error? Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 32 of 36

Sorry, no i still got the same error.

Message 33 of 36

Hi Andrew,

We've given you everything we can think of in our troubleshooting arsenal for this issue so let's try starting from the beginning. Please perform a clean uninstall of any Inventor files that may exist in your computer. Then please begin the download process again but not before retracing all of the pre-download steps we have provided. If you could please reply to this post with all of your steps we may be able to find something missed.

If you could please also include your computer specifications that would be great including all the information on your preferred browser type.

Please read through our thread thoroughly and let me know if you have any questions. And the more details the better, please! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 34 of 36

thanks for all the help and i am sorry for being a pain but i think i am just going to give up trying untill i get a new computer as i think there may be a problem with my pc.

Thanks again for all the help.

Message 35 of 36

i have just managed to install it on a laptop but it has a small screen so would i beable to transfer it to my pc or would it not work

Message 36 of 36

Hi Andrew,

Good work around, try using the License Transfer Utility to transfer the license to your desktop. I hope that helps!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report