Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Edition: "Licenses not obtained" (error 20)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tcherr20
987 Views, 4 Replies

Student Edition: "Licenses not obtained" (error 20)

Student: Both Mac versions of Maya 2012 and Mudbox 2011 will not start. I have successfully booted them a few times previously, but... 2 days later I get these error messages (error 20).

Does this have anything to do with a recent formatting of my hard drive and installation? (this was for bootcamp)

Everything was backed up via Time Machine as if I never partitioned in the first place.

Thanks! 😃

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: tcherr20

Hi:

I have found this link that has some instruction on how to resolve your Error 20.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16323165&linkID=9242618 

You may also have a look at forums related to your issue from this page:http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Maya-2011-Mac-OSX-quot-error-20-quot/td-p/27291....

Thank you!

Please click on "Accept as Solution" if this suggestion helped you solve your request.

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 5
tcherr20

The change in language didn't fix neither Mudbox or Maya =/ Are there any specifics on the files I need to delete and reinstall? I'm paranoid I'm going to delete something important from Maya 2011 or Sketchbook

Thank you so far! To be honest I've had general computer problems for a week and I AM DYING

Message 4 of 5
arlinpega.bibat

Hi:

This is just a summary on how to hopefully solve this issue for Standalone.

• Deleting folders as noted in the post in discussion.
                /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm/
                /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/
  • Installed as Trial first using 000-00000000.
  • Run Maya as Trial.
  • Then registered afterwards by choosing Activate instead of Try.

Thanks,

Arlin

Arlin Bibat
Message 5 of 5
tcherr20
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

The folders on my Mac were a bit dissorganized. Working now 😉

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report