Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange ERROR while installing Revit Architecture 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
amitwhig
396 Views, 4 Replies

Strange ERROR while installing Revit Architecture 2014

Dear Sir / AutoDesk

Can you please apprise what shall be the problem in installing Revit Architecture 2014 on my system.

(My system is windows 8 with Pentium i& 3630 2.4 GHz, 12 GB DDR3 with 137GB free on primary patition HDD. with 2GB dedicated Vram Radeon). I am trying to install from my Hard Disk.

I am attaching a screenshot to this msg. Pls Help. 

revit-2014-installtion-error.jpg 

Rgds

Amit Whig

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: amitwhig

That is odd.  Make sure you are installing with local admin rights, UAC off, and your anti-virus temporarily disabled. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

i usually get this error because i moved my temp folder location and i have to move it back to the default location but that doesn't seem to be your case

try cleaning out your Temp location

C:\Users\username folder\AppData\Local\Temp

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
amitwhig
in reply to: DarrenP

Dear Darren, all Temp and other locations are where they were when windows installed.

Dear Travis, I did many things, even tried installing as administrator (in fact administrator is the default and only user on my laptop) .... I do not think it has anything to do with UAC or antivirus or adminsitrator ... that is why I wrote "Strange error"

Dear Autodesk / Developers / experts
Please help.

I can only add one more information. I have Revit Architecture 2010 installed and running on my laptop. I did un installed visual C++ 2010 (2 files) and tried reintalling. Still the same error was repeated.

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: amitwhig

It appears to be installing to the Amit Whig user logon.  You might actually try logging on as Administrator and installing it. 

You'd be surprised how Admin privileges, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled makes a difference.  Definitely verify all of those and try again.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report