Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Automatic Reboot of Silent AutoCAD 2011 installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AngusGibbins
2126 Views, 2 Replies

Stop Automatic Reboot of Silent AutoCAD 2011 installation

Hi,

Is there a way of stopping the automatic reboot that happens at the end of an AutoCAD 2011 silent installation at all?

I've gone through and installed the prerequisits but the installer still does a reboot afterwards.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

The reboot at the end of the install is a function controlled by Windows Installer. There are some suggestions to help avoid this at the following discussion:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-install-of-AutoCAD-2011-causes-reboot/t...

In addition, there is more information regarding suppression of reboots on MSDN:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa371101(v=vs.85).aspx

Generally, installing the prerequisites for the product before the main install will resolve the problem.

If you are launching the install from another application such as SCCM, then applying the property, REBOOT=ReallySuppress to the command line will sometimes help. You can modify the setup.ini, adding the REBOOT=ReallySuppress  to the EXE_PARAM= section of the INI file for the prerequisites which trigger the reboot. In order to determine which prerequisite package causes the reboot, you can enable verify the contents of the Setup.log which should list the package triggering the reboot.

Please be aware that the reboot is scheduled by Windows Installer to maintain the integrity of the components in the OS so it is highly recommended to reboot prior to launching the software to ensure that there will be no compromise of the component integrity.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have further questions.

Alison Gangler, Autodesk Product Support

Autodesk.png
Alison Gangler
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Thanks.

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
vidyarth
in reply to: AngusGibbins

Hello,

I m currently trying to deploy the Autocad Mechanical 32 bit for Windows xp through a 3 party deployment tool.

I m also facing this reboot issue which we have to suppress.Kindly provide us with a resolution so that we can proceed further with this application.i Have tried manually installing the pre requistes and we have windows installer version 4.5 installed on the system.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report