Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone installer required SetupDWGTrueView2012_64bit.exe - French.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
JamesRigg
3473 Views, 9 Replies

Standalone installer required SetupDWGTrueView2012_64bit.exe - French.

Hi.

We are looking to package this software and not use the download manager. From browsing the forum I found http://download.autodesk.com/esd/dwgtrueview/2012/SetupDWGTrueView2012_64bit.exe for English version. The link to the page holding this is invalid so I cannot download French language (64bit).

Help would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JamesRigg
in reply to: JamesRigg

I didn't realise this was such a difficult question seeing as French language is supported. As a compnay that hold hundreds of licenses for multiple products I would appreciate some feedback!

Message 3 of 10
joane.bonghanoy

Hi JamesRigg,

Pardon us for the error encountered.

I have already forwarded this error to the department concern. Once I receive a feedback and resolution, I will get back to you via email. I have created Case 07591629 for this.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 4 of 10
JamesRigg
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I have had no response to the case you raised for me. I have private messaged you for an update.

Message 5 of 10
david.lau

Download and choose the appropriate version of True View here: i.e. French x64.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=9078813

David Lau
Message 6 of 10
JamesRigg
in reply to: david.lau

David,

I requested the standalone installer without thedownload manager. There is no link to download a standalone version in French, though I see a lot of people receiving help to find the English version.

Message 7 of 10
david.lau

We have spend a lot of time on this interesting problem.  The direct download links are is something that Autodesk is not providing anymore.   The tricky part about the download of the FRE version is the the downloaded file is named EXACTLY the same as the ENU version.  This is setup in the logic of the download manager and some backend IT black magic.

1.  Select the FRE download.

2.  Choose the download to the the desktop.

3.  Put on the network for your environment and deploy as necessary.

If you require a NON download manager of the DWG True view, I am going to suggest you download Design Review.  The full download (NON download manager) can be found here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/04/design-review-download-now-vs-additional-install-...

You will have the option to install and use the DWG True View within Design Review.

David Lau
Message 8 of 10
JamesRigg

I'm not satisfied with having to install two applications to receive the one product we require. If you have a standalone exe/msi for one language there will be one for all available languages. Telling me to download a product that may not be required does not help.

I am sceptical of you saying the direct download links are no longer being provided. The direct download links on this forum for English version still work and are easy to find on the forum. We have packaged many of your applciations (Robot 2013, AutoCAD 2012, DWG Trueview English, Desgin Review 2012 plus more) so to find what I consider a simple request so difficult to achieve is frustrating.

All in all I feel that my company is being told that you won't help with this.

Message 9 of 10
david.lau

Please check your email via the forums.  I have created and FTP site to download the file.  This site will be available  for a least 30 days.

David Lau
Message 10 of 10
JamesRigg
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you David. We have tested successfully.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report