Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify a license server?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
967 Views, 1 Reply

Specify a license server?

What format do I use at each workstation to find the flexlm server?
(server_name, etc )or can I use an IP address? I tried the server name and
IP, but nothing works. Everything was working fine then all of a sudden its
asking for license from the server. FlexLM seems to be working fine.

How can I tell if license has expired?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Probably blocked from the Firewall. See if you can ping your server as well. As for specifying the server, all you need is the servername. It makes a file called LICPATH.LIC in the root of your application folder. Alternately, you can add a system variable to your Environment Variables called ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with a vaule of @servername (where servername is the name of your server.)

Might check your debug log file in LMTOOLS to ensure that your license server is functioning correctly and not blocking for other reasons. Ports 27000 and 2080 need to be open and functioning. Turn off any firewall services on your NLM.

Note: If your FlexLM is not on a server OS, you may be limited to 10 concurrent connections at one time.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report