Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spatial shp join ODBC table label fails

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
richardj
158 Views, 0 Replies

Spatial shp join ODBC table label fails

I am having a Styled Multiline labeling problem which did not occur in Civil 3D 2011. 

I am editing 2011 Civil 3D GIS cemetery maps which uses shape files for the graves.  I have joined the shape file table with a ODBC connection to an access database with a one to one relationship.  I styled the polygon labels to use Multilline labels using a grave ID from the native shape data table and a deceased name from the joined access database.

This year I am updating the maps and I am using Civil 3D 2013.  The cemetery is split up into 19 maps to stay under the 2000 label limit.  The first 12 maps needed no restyling and updated without a hitch.  Several of the maps are requiring me to restyle the labels.  Every label works as it should expect one.

One Feature Label is Styled to use the expression: CONCAT ( B_L_P, ' \n ' , "C1|Lot_Deceased" ) 

I validate the expression and it is valid. 

B_L_P is a native table property,

C1|Lot_Deceased is a joined table property.

The table properties are selected off of the list in the expression builder.

I click on "OK"  and this shows in the box:      "CONCAT  ( B_L_P, ' \n ' , "C1|Lot_Deceased" )"

The extra quote marks makes this not a valid express and the program puts "text" on the polygons.

From experimentation, I found that I can label the features with the joined table properties but not with the multiline option in Civil 3D 2013.  I have attached screen shots before and after clicking ok.

Any ideas as to what has happened to the Map 3d part of Civil 3D 2013 since 2011 or is there a work around to get a multiline label on a polygon feature with a joined table?

Same computer as was used in 2011

HP Pro 3130 PC

16 G ram

i7 processor

ATI video card

Windows 7 pro

standalone install

sp1 installed. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report