Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Products Fail to Install, Result 1603

280 REPLIES 280
SOLVED
Message 1 of 281
TravisNave
806614 Views, 280 Replies

Some Products Fail to Install, Result 1603

Issue:  When installing your Autodesk product, the installation fails immediately and the screen indicates that Installation complete. Some products failed to install

Install_Error.jpg

The link to the installation log file in your %TEMP% location shows that the failure is due to a prerequisite installer similar to this entry below:

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Subseqent attempts to install the product yield similar failures. 

Solution #1:  In some rare instances, the prerequisite cannot installed until the workstation is rebooted, or cannot be installed by the Autodesk installer and must be installed manually from the media or by downloading the prerequisite directly from Microsoft's website.  For more information about this solution, please visit this Autodesk KB link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15924324&linkID=9240857

Solution #2:  In most instances, the installation fails because the prerequisite already installed on the workstation is newer than the one supplied by the Autodesk installer.  Because Windows will not allow an older version of the prerequisite to be installed, the installation aborts with a 1603 error in the installation log file. 

The most direct method to resolve this issue is to remove the installed prerequisite from Windows from within the Control Panel.  You can launch the Control Panel directly from the Start Menu or from the Run box by typing CONTROL and clicking OK. 

To remove a program in Control Panel choose:

Windows XP: Add/Remove Programs

Windows 7:  Programs and Features

Locate the program name of the prerequisite that is failing in your log file from within this list and click Remove or Uninstall.  This will remove the program from your computer. 

ControlPanel.png

Once the program has been removed, run your Autodesk installer again.  If you run into additional failures on prerequisites, repeat the process.  You should now be able to fully install and run your product. 

For more information about this error, please see the Up and Ready blog link here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/09/autodesk-suites-product-design-suite-will-not-ins...

Note:  When installing Autodesk products, it is recommended that you have local Administrative rights, User Access Control (UAC) is off, and your real-time anti-virus program is temporarily disabled. In some instances it may be helpful to login as another user with local admin rights and/or copy the contents of the media to you hard drive and install locally.  

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (2)
280 REPLIES 280
Message 21 of 281
meizhangdanao
in reply to: TravisNave

2013/9/16:18:00:57 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 === Setup started on LENOVO-G580 by Daqiao === 2013/9/16:18:00:57 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Path_Length: 155 2013/9/16:18:00:57 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Current Directory C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_wi_en-us 2013/9/16:18:00:57 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Launch 2013/9/16:18:00:57 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 CommandLine /url "http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/ACD/WI/EDU/AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_wi_..." /SN 900-34707489 /PK 001F1 /student /skipEULA /akamai /auth  /sid   2013/9/16:18:00:57 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Path_Length: 155 2013/9/16:18:00:57 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Current Directory C:\Users\Daqiao\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI631.tmp 2013/9/16:18:04:47 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 === Setup ended ===

2013/9/16:18:01:00 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 === Setup started on LENOVO-G580 by Daqiao === 2013/9/16:18:01:00 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Path_Length: 155 2013/9/16:18:01:00 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Current Directory C:\Users\Daqiao\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI631.tmp 2013/9/16:18:01:00 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Launch 2013/9/16:18:01:02 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Download Play SETUP_CONFIG http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/ACD/WI/EDU/{F5F376DB-F616-49B6-B7C4-89AEF0DF4FB7... 2013/9/16:18:04:46 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Download Complete SETUP_CONFIG http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/ACD/WI/EDU/{F5F376DB-F616-49B6-B7C4-89AEF0DF4FB7... 2013/9/16:18:04:46 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Install CustomCallback Info Invoking custom callback for details: [SETUP] CB_FUNC=CustomPlatformCheck CB_SOURCE=C:\Users\Daqiao\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI631.tmp\Setup\AcSetup.dll 2013/9/16:18:04:46 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Install CustomCallback Info Custom callback response: Status=0 SUCCECSS Title= Message= URLTitle= URLLink= 2013/9/16:18:04:46 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 PageOpen LaunchDialog   2013/9/16:18:05:08 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 PageOpen LicenseDialog   2013/9/16:18:05:08 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 PageOpen ProductInfoDialog   2013/9/16:18:05:08 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 PageOpen ProductSelectionDialog2   2013/9/16:18:08:00 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 PageOpen FullProgressDialog   2013/9/16:18:08:02 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Download Play DOTNET4LANG http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/ACD/WI/EDU/{F5F376DB-F616-49B6-B7C4-89AEF0DF4FB7... 2013/9/16:18:13:02 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Download Complete DOTNET4LANG http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/ACD/WI/EDU/{F5F376DB-F616-49B6-B7C4-89AEF0DF4FB7... 2013/9/16:18:13:02 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Installing .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Language Pack: "C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk AutoCAD 2014\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40LP_Full_x86_x64_2052.exe" /q 2013/9/16:18:13:08 Daqiao LENOVO-G580 Install .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Language Pack Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

I tried the ways you mentioned but it doesn't work, still shows "some products fail to install".

Any soultions?

Message 22 of 281
TravisNave
in reply to: meizhangdanao

Install .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Language Pack Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Your problem is something similar that I have addressed in another thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-NET-Framework-Language-Pack-Failed-Inst...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 23 of 281
kayron.7

Thanks. My problem was solved.
Message 24 of 281
TravisNave
in reply to: kayron.7

Excellent. Always glad when my solutions help.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 25 of 281
OkiGraphics

Hello!

Im havig trouble  install Inventor 2014 (older versions also). At first, I had 1603 error right after install started. I have solved this problem by editing Setup.ini file. But now, right before end of install Inventor, I get another error:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken="6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.20.9818.0",type="win3 2",processor Architecture="x86". Please refer to help and support for more information

Log from installation as an addition.

I have tried this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902330 but it was't solution for me.

Also, I have:

• disabled windows defender
  • ran installaton as an adminitrator
  • checked I have 64 bit system and I'm installing 64 bit Inventor
  • cleared TEMP
  • updated DirectX
  • and everything else I have found in possible solutions, but I can't remember now...

Im using HP Envy 15-j000ec and Windows 8

I will really grateful if someone will be able to help me with this problem, because I really need Inventor to do my term project.

Thanks

Message 26 of 281
TravisNave
in reply to: OkiGraphics

It's likely .NET Framework.  You might try reinstalling what you have.  Also, check your programs & features under Control Panel and make sure that you add the older .NET as part of adding Windows components.  They are not installed by default on Win8.  So you might start there and try again.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 27 of 281
OkiGraphics

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I can't see .NET  in programs & features list, but when I'm trying to install it, I says I have the same or newer version installed, so I don't think that is the problem.

Message 28 of 281
vlandrov

IT worked!!! It really worked!!! THANKYOU!!!
My problem was .net framework 4.0 error 1603. I erased every dotnet line in the file u said.
Message 29 of 281
OkiGraphics

Don't you really have other solutions for me? I'm really hopeless about it. I really need to work on my term project this weekend, and I can't even install it...

Message 30 of 281
TravisNave

Check the Windows components section of Programs and Features. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 31 of 281
OkiGraphics

I've checked it, but I have nothing in there (I mean really clean list)... But when I'm trying to install .NET Framework, it says, I have the same or newer installed yet.

Message 32 of 281
yck016
in reply to: srlake31470

what i normally would do is to clean up the registry in all aspect and even delete the related

system files. ccleaner helps but its more the the install / unistall in the control panel. then i 

turn off the computer and leave for a while.

Message 33 of 281
turponium
in reply to: subbz2k

i have the same problem!!! HELP?

http://www.personalizegifts.org/ :))
Message 34 of 281
jdkriek

Why are we still having this problem with 2014 software?

I just had an installation were I had edit the .ini file to tell the installer that I already have all the C++ requirments.

It's very simple to add detection for this.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 35 of 281
TravisNave
in reply to: jdkriek

@jdkriek wrote:

Why are we still having this problem with 2014 software?

I just had an installation were I had edit the .ini file to tell the installer that I already have all the C++ requirments.

It's very simple to add detection for this.

Agreed.  It is an ongoing problem.  But there are also a lot of reasons for the 1603.  It seems the most latest issue is a result of an aborted download of the materials library.  If the log file shows this entry, then downloading the application alternately from the virtual assistant is the better choice here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Let's hope 2015 brings a more stable install base.

Happy Holidays!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 36 of 281
houda05

error 25001 my dowload was already finishing when a error msg tell me that some contnent are not correctly dowloading end i have to redownload the prorramme but i can't cause that take "15 hours" my connection is very slow , somoene can tell me please how i can repair the donwload or finish it correctly without missing all the recent dowload , a have google chrome end i can't find the button to redowload correctly or repair it . PS; sorry for the grammar or orthographe mistakes i try to do my best to explain ! & i coulden't found wheni can post my BUG
Message 37 of 281
kavaleni4

I faced such mistake, installing AutoCad 2014. As edited setup.ini, I deleted earlier installed Framework, I edited the register (proceeding from wishes at a forum). Helped nothing.
But a problem in Framework. If to install it separately, according to the link specified in Autocad 2014 setup.log, there is a mistake too.

Help me please!

Message 38 of 281

Link below worked for me and none from other suggestions.

vhttp://synergiscadblog.com/tag/error-1603/

Message 39 of 281
mcancro

Just to clarify, once you follow this proceedure, you can run the Autodesk install again without removing the Autodesk program first? In other words, are you saying that the re-install does not have to be a clean install?

Message 40 of 281
TravisNave
in reply to: mcancro

@mcancro wrote:

Just to clarify, once you follow this proceedure, you can run the Autodesk install again without removing the Autodesk program first? In other words, are you saying that the re-install does not have to be a clean install?

You would only need to do a clean install if the program thinks it is already installed. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report