Installation & Licensing

Little_John
Message 1 of 3 (529 Views)

Softlock / security system error

529 Views, 2 Replies
10-07-2011 08:16 AM

Hi,

I'm using win7 64bit, installed is AC2012 and IF2012, both including latest service pack 1 and 2 respectively, also it is a standalone student license.

I downloaded and installed as admin. When I try and load there is a security system (softlock) error then the program hangs or quits one of the two.

I have tired changing permissions on the FlexNET dir and running the program as admin(which should negate the changing the everyone permissions) but it still gives me this error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

John Dyer

Product Support
Message 2 of 3 (501 Views)

Re: Softlock / security system error

10-11-2011 09:58 AM in reply to: Little_John

Can you uninstall and reinstall your software and turn off UAC?

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/05/windows-user-access-control.html

David Lau
Little_John
Message 3 of 3 (462 Views)

Re: Softlock / security system error

10-24-2011 10:51 AM in reply to: Little_John

I would but I use windows without UAC at all times, so a reinstall wont change anything, I still can if you like but UAC has been deactivated for a while now,but did a check for rougueware and found nothing, after checking your blog.

Many thanks

John

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube