Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke 2013 trial install error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Seandonnelly
420 Views, 2 Replies

Smoke 2013 trial install error

I had been using the smoke for mac 2013 trial for a few days, and went to render out a test clip which failed, uncovering a very bizarre apache/lion glitch, which required a reinstall of the OS. Backburner/wiretap seem to be running great according to the web app, but now when I attempt to launch Smoke, instead of being greeted with a continue button, I am asked to activate. I have reinstalled twice now, and have removed usr/discreet through terminal, with no effect. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

-Sean

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Robert.Adam
in reply to: Seandonnelly

Hi Sean.

Did you format your system drive when you reinstalled the OS, or did you simply install on top of the existing OS?

If you reinstalled on top of the existing OS, there might be file permission or file date issues that are preventing the trial license from working. 

Open the Disk Utility app from Applications > Utilities, select your system drive, go to the First Aid tab and click Verify Permissions. If the application finds any permissions errors, click Repair Permissions, restart your Mac and see if that fixes the issue.

BTW: What version of Mac OS are you running now? Is it still Lion?

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 3
Seandonnelly
in reply to: Seandonnelly

Thanks Robert, I'm running 10.7.3 now. It was a clean install, but I did use migration assistant to carry over my settings, etc. 

Permissions have been repaired, no change. Is there an easy way to fix a creation date issue?

-Sean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report