Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow opening after combining licenses

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
193 Views, 6 Replies

Slow opening after combining licenses

Currently we are running the networked version of Map 5. I just added some seats of AutoCAD 2005, and combined the license files of the two products together (both are licensed for the same three redundant servers). Now, when our users open Map 5, it takes about 2 minutes for the application just to open, when it was just a few seconds previously. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried to restore the previous license file to make sure it's really FLEXlm related? -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "lcummins" wrote in message news:3208386.1094825445396.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Currently we are running the networked version of Map 5. I just added some > seats of AutoCAD 2005, and combined the license files of the two products > together (both are licensed for the same three redundant servers). Now, > when our users open Map 5, it takes about 2 minutes for the application > just to open, when it was just a few seconds previously. Any ideas?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Jimmy,
No, I haven't tried that yet... I will try it this weekend when no one will be there, and report back with the results on Monday. It almost has to be FLEXlm, because no one had any problems until the first time they opened Map after reading the new combined license file.

Lonnie Cummins
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Jimmy,
I found a solution to the issue which may help others. We went from a single server license mode to redundant mode on Map 5 when we combined the license with 2005. The licpath.lic file on our clients only had the servers and MAC addresses in the file. When I reviewed the file, I added the TCP port (as the 2005 clients had) and the opening speed returned to normal. The old MAP 5 single server mode used FLEXlm 7.2 and didn't use a TCP port, but the FLEXlm 9.2 (from 2005) does. Hopefully this will help others.

Lonnie Cummins
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Lonnie, TCP ports are declared in licpath files for distributed servers and not for single servers. This is true for FLEXlm 7.2 as well. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "lcummins" wrote in message news:12322480.1095097628172.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi Jimmy, > I found a solution to the issue which may help others. We went from a single server license mode to redundant mode on Map 5 when we combined the license with 2005. The licpath.lic file on our clients only had the servers and MAC addresses in the file. When I reviewed the file, I added the TCP port (as the 2005 clients had) and the opening speed returned to normal. The old MAP 5 single server mode used FLEXlm 7.2 and didn't use a TCP port, but the FLEXlm 9.2 (from 2005) does. Hopefully this will help others. > > Lonnie Cummins
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

OOPS!! I meant REDUNDANT servers, not distributed servers. With distributed servers the proper way to point to the servers involves an environment variable and does not use the licpath file at all. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "jerry milana (Autodesk Consulting)" wrote in message news:4145f543$1_2@newsprd01... > Lonnie, > > TCP ports are declared in licpath files for distributed servers and not for > single servers. This is true for FLEXlm 7.2 as well. > > -- > Jerry Milana, > Autodesk Consulting > > "lcummins" wrote in message > news:12322480.1095097628172.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Hi Jimmy, > > I found a solution to the issue which may help others. We went from a > single server license mode to redundant mode on Map 5 when we combined the > license with 2005. The licpath.lic file on our clients only had the servers > and MAC addresses in the file. When I reviewed the file, I added the TCP > port (as the 2005 clients had) and the opening speed returned to normal. The > old MAP 5 single server mode used FLEXlm 7.2 and didn't use a TCP port, but > the FLEXlm 9.2 (from 2005) does. Hopefully this will help others. > > > > Lonnie Cummins > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Jerry,
That explains my issue. We went from a single server to redundant servers at the same time as combining the licenses, so adding the TCP port info fixed the problem. Thanks for the info.

Lonnie Cummins

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report