Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook pro 2015, do I need Subscription??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KimsCreativeHub
729 Views, 3 Replies

Sketchbook pro 2015, do I need Subscription??

I see that there is currently 2 versions of Sketchbook pro (6 & 2015) Does one need a subscription to purchace 2015? and is Autodesk looking to "go with subscription with its sketchbook line of software" going forward?

I ask this as an Adobe custemer who is not happy with subs, I own CS6 and as time goes on I will be looking to replace PShop for illustrating.

Best Regards, Kim 🙂
Profesional Illustrator
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: KimsCreativeHub

Hello Kim and welcome to the community!

SketchBook Pro 2015 is offered as either a standalone or network perpetual (permanent) license, with subscription being optional. Typically more attractive for creative studios, or design centers where IT deployment flexibility is needed. Not available yet, but a retail version will be coming soon.

SketchBook Pro 6 which released a couple of years ago, is only available as a standalone license without subscription and is more aligned with the retail market.

Unfortunately I'm unable to comment on the future state of the product line and license offerings, and as such can't provide much insight as to if this will change at some point. With that being said Autodesk has made a clear stance that while we are moving towards termed subscription based offerings, this is by no means meant to act as a a replacement to the previous, as our goal is to provide customers with the option to choose which purchasing / licensing scenario works best for them. 

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much for your reply.

Ii purchased pro 6 on amazon, will the 2015 version be avail. On amazon?
Best Regards, Kim 🙂
Profesional Illustrator
Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: KimsCreativeHub

You're most very welcome and while Amazon.llc is one of our Authorized Resellers, I'm unable to confirm if they will carry it or not, and can only really recommend checking out: http://www.autodesk.com/products/sketchbook-pro/buy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report