Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase 2012 install issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PCutler
313 Views, 2 Replies

Showcase 2012 install issues

Hi I've recently performed a clean install of Showcase 2012 for our client. During installation there was a message about being unable to determine the specification of the GFX hardware which I ignored as I knew it was up to spec. After the installation completed I was able to activate the license but the software would crash on startup. After submitting a crash report It was suggested that I did not have Showcase SP1 installed so I installed it. After that showcase no longer crashes, instead it gives the following message:

"Autodesk Showcase 2012 SP1 : window initialisation failed.
Your hardware configuration may not be supported."

The hardware is an HP Elitebook 8540w with an NVidia Quadro FX880M, OS is Windows XP64 SP2, this exact hardware and OS combination is listed as being certified according to this document:

http://download.autodesk.com/us/qualcharts/2012/Showcase2012_qualifiedworkstations.pdf

I have also now installed the certifed driver listed in the document above (266.58) with no change in situation. My client is now pressing me to resolve this issue but I am at a loss as to what to try next. Presumably Showcase is stilll not able to identify the graphics hardware so is assuming it is unsupported?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: PCutler

Try to download and reinstall the certified driver here.  Make sure that you choose custom install and choose to make it a clean install.  

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-winxp-x64-266.58-whql-driver.html

There isn't much support for Windows XP 64-bit.  Your client might consider moving to a more current OS. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
PCutler
in reply to: TravisNave

I selected the clean install option when installing the drivers. Although an upgrade to Windows 7 is a longer term goal it's not going to happen in the short term, for the time being we're stuck with XP.

I've just downgraded this machine to Showcase 2010. It still complains that the card is not supported but at least it allows you to carry on regardless, the user can work and is happy for now. Need to get to the bottom of why the OS isn't reporting the hardware correctly though and whether it's just Autodesk products that are suffering or whether it affects all software on this machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report