Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should network licensed install ask for license manager details?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ivanchanBW
353 Views, 8 Replies

Should network licensed install ask for license manager details?

I have registered and been approved as an educational institute for installing the Autocad 2014 suite.  I've read that the installers for this are the network version only.  I've been emailed a SN and also submitted my license server details and had a license file returned via email to me.

I've set my license server up as per your instructions with the license file.

However, none of the applications will run.  They all give me a invalid Serial Number error and at no point am I prompted for the license server details from the clients. 

Please help.

Regards,

Ivan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: ivanchanBW

its probably because your installing as a standalone and not as network

if you are installing as network it does ask for server name

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
ivanchanBW
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the reply Darren.  I was beginning to suspect that.  I take it that is also why my SN is being rejected?

Why then is that the only set of downloads I can access?  There are no standalone or network versions to choose from.  Just the name of the application and 32 or 64-bit.

Seeing as I have now installed this on 26 PCs what are my options to getting AutoCAD and 3DS Max 2014 activated?

Thanks,

Ivan

Message 4 of 9
DarrenP

the standalone and network version are bundled in the same install/download

when installing you choose the correct version

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
DarrenP

@ivanchanBW wrote:

Seeing as I have now installed this on 26 PCs what are my options to getting AutoCAD and 3DS Max 2014 activated?

Thanks,

Ivan

you may have to uninstall/reinstall if you installed them as a standalone

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
ivanchanBW
in reply to: DarrenP

I'll try uninstalling and re-installing it again.  I don't remember seeing that as an option whilst installing.

Message 7 of 9
ivanchanBW

Thanks Darren, I uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD2014 and selected network license and that's all working now.

We are however also wanting to use 3DSMax and the S/N is different to the AutoCAD 2014 one. 

As far as I can see the license server can only use the one license file so how do I enable it for both applications?

I get 'A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager' error.

thanks.

Message 8 of 9
DarrenP

read this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
ivanchanBW

Brilliant!  That's just what I was looking for (if I knew what I was looking for)  - all sorted now Man LOL

Thanks Darren you're a star!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report