Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup will not start or work for any student version product.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
b.mihai02
6204 Views, 6 Replies

Setup will not start or work for any student version product.

Hello

I will need to go on with a little story to provide the details for the tehnical support team .

For now I'm working using Inventor 2012 on my laptop (which has windows 8 on it). In the near future I will need to start using AutoCAD therefor I have downloaded the setup required to install it on my pc ( I have it on my laptop but it's working sluggish due to a graphic driver issue)

I can't install on my pc none of the autodesk products (all student versions, CAD, inventor etc).

A month ago I have almost installed inventor and had succesfully instaled CAD. After some troubles with inventor setup I have stumbled upon an error that involved "litehtml.dll". I kept telling me that it was missing and cannot start the setup.

Naturally I start troubleshooting the error and ending with downloading a litehtml.dll from google which I had placed into C::/Windows/System

Since then I was unable to start any of the autodesk products setup - After having downloaded them , once I clicked on the setup my cursor loaded something for a second then no action was made.

I started troubleshooting with that ending cleaning some registry entries that involved Autodesk products(mostly ACAD).

No luck whatsoever, nothing changed.

Today I looked for a different version for the litehtml.dll and replaced it noticing that the setups had started working though after skipping the "litehtml.dll missing" error each setup went to other erros involving other .dll-s such as: 

AdDLM.dll,AdDownload.dll,CIPutil.dll, etc to zlib.dll.

Now I started filling up the missing .dll-s from the internet (from secured websites and scaned by Eset 6).

For now I'm recieveing the following errors : for ACAD 2013 "Failed to load .... /adlmpit.dll (error 126)!" also if I want to continue the installing I get error after error when completing the required license fields and setup cancels at step 6/12 and for Inventor 2013 I recieve the same error involving adlmpit.dll

All in all I know that my troubleshooting made things worse. I don't know what cause litehtml.dll in the first place to cause errors. I had both programs installed on this very PC before and I know they certainly work.

I have looked up both Google and forums.autodesk.com for the problems that I'm facing.

For error 126 the only thing I found is related to a third party program that I do not use.

Also I have used the .NET framework cleaner and the Microsoft cleaner tool (can't remember it's full name)

The obvious solution is to refresh my PC(windows 😎 or to reinstall a different operating system. I don't want that but if it's the only solution I will have to go with it.

I hope somebody will be able to handle this 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: b.mihai02

Your product is not supported on Windows 8.  You might be able to get the student version of 2014, however.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
b.mihai02
in reply to: TravisNave

For AutoCAD 2014, CAD mechanical 2014 and Inventor 2014 I am currently experienceing this error :

AutodeskInstallNow.exe - Entry Point Not Found

"The procedure entry point LzmaDec_Free could not be located in the dynamic link library C:Windows\system\AdDownload.dll."

Message 4 of 7
b.mihai02
in reply to: TravisNave

Also I am now looking on my laptop for all of the .dll files that the setup kept telling me that they are missing and I cannot find any of time. Both CAD and inventor are working on my laptop.

Could one of the .dll files such as litehtml.dll be added to the registry and keep causing these errors?

Message 5 of 7
b.mihai02

I have found a solution for those that have the same problem, and the one that starts with the "litehtml.dll" error.

You need to run the setup with windows XP (service pack 3) compatibility.

Message 6 of 7
manolodessi

Hi I have the exact same problem after reverting to a myriad of dll now I get the exact same question about this **** LzmaDec_Free. The problem I have with Revit 2014 (all versions, Trial, student) and if I use compatibility with WinXP pack 3 Revit tells me that the operating system is not supported ... Does anyone have any solution perpiacere? I've looked everywhere on the internet but no solution ...

Message 7 of 7
imrjp4132

guys happy news all ur problem has been solved:)

ok lets start step by step

1)download autocad 2014 via browser download using idm

2)now run the file, after exrtaction the error parade starts(errors include dll errors,entry point errors too)

3)now download the following dll files litehtml.dll,setupctrls.dll,ciputil.dll,

addlm.dll,addownload.dll,mc3.dll,lzma.dll,zlib.dll

4)paste these dll files to the folder AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_64bit_dlm as well as to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 

5)now go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared and copy all the files in that folder to the folder AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_64bit_dlm 

6)now go to link http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/model-documentation-h...

and download model documentation hotfix for windows 8.1.now extract the rse file.  Search for res_rse in folder AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_64bit_dlm and replace it with the extracted res.dll file be sure to rename it as RSe_Res.dll

7)now run setup.exe in folder  AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_64bit_dlm 

8)installation starts

hope u found this useful.(it has worked for me)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report