Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Pack MSP file Extractions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Terrain_IaPLS
793 Views, 3 Replies

Service Pack MSP file Extractions?

2005 Based products over network, with a couple Service
Pack's on specific modules.

Stupid question, yet why am I not seeing the MSP file from the
executable, either from WinZip, or as I use Power Archiver ??

Something so easy, yet need to point the .msp with regard to the .msi administrative image, and what am I lacking to extract
that .MSP off the Service Pack's ?? A post from 2004 product
base makes it clear (just as it is), to just "extract", yet ???

Thanks, in advance.
Geoff T.

Xi Computer CM-MasterCase Pro 5 tower case (Win10 O.S.)
Ten Core i9-7900X @ 3.3/4.5GHz Sealed Water Cooled
w/ Asus PRIME X299-A mobo
32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.
Nvidia Quadro P2000 (span2) + 2000
3 ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED displays

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Terrain_IaPLS

Hello, You need to extract the MSP from the EXE file. We put the instructions in the README. http://adeskftp.autodesk.com/prodsupp/downloads/Readme_2005_SP1.htm BTW it was exactly the same in AutoCAD 2004 Hope this helps. Bud Schroeder AutoCAD Test Development Autodesk Inc. ========================================================================== Apply This Service Pack to a Network Administrative Image The following two methods of distributing Service Pack 1 apply only to administrative images created with the Network Installation wizard. After you complete these procedures, any new deployments of the product will have the service pack applied to them automatically. The patch (service pack) file that you download contains an MSP (Microsoft Patch) file, which you extract from the executable file using the /e (extract) switch; see step 2 for the syntax. To add the service pack to a new administrative image 1.. From the Autodesk Product Support website, download the service pack EXE file to your local computer. 2.. On the Start menu (Windows), click Run. Enter the following information, and then click OK: \\ /e \.msp 3.. On the computer where you installed the Network Installation wizard, on the Start menu (Windows), click Autodesk > Network Installation Wizard. 4.. In the Network Installation wizard, on the Welcome page, select Create an Administrative Image, and then click Next. 5.. On the Create Administrative Image page, in the Select Autodesk Installer (MSI) File box, enter the path to acad.msi (or aclt.msi), the MSI file that you use as the basis for your administrative image. This file is found on your product CD-ROM, in cdrom:\Bin\acadFeui (or cdrom:\Bin\acltFeui). 6.. In the Administrative Image Location box, enter an existing shared network location where you want to create an administrative image, or click Browse to navigate to a location. Users install AutoCAD (or AutoCAD LT) from this location. 7.. Select the Apply a Patch (Service Pack) to This Image option. 8.. In the Select Patch box, enter the path to the patch location (the location you entered in step 2, including the file extension .msp). You can also browse to locate the MSP file. 9.. Click Next, and follow the instructions in the Network Installation wizard to complete the deployment of this service pack. To apply the service pack to an existing administrative image 1.. From the Autodesk Product Support website, download the service pack EXE file to your local computer. 2.. On the Start menu (Windows), click Run. Enter the following information, and then click OK. \\ /e \.msp 3.. On the computer where you installed the Network Installation wizard, on the Start menu (Windows), click Autodesk > Network Installation Wizard. 4.. In the Network Installation wizard, on the Welcome page, select Modify an Administrative Image, and then click Next. 5.. On the Modify Administrative Image page, in the Select an MSI File list, select an existing Autodesk installer file (MSI) from an existing shared network location that contains the administrative image you want to modify. Users install AutoCAD (or AutoCAD LT) from this location. 6.. Select the Apply a Patch (Service Pack) to This Image option. 7.. In the Select Patch box, enter the path to the patch location (the location you entered in step 2, including the file extension .msp). You can also browse to locate the MSP file. 8.. Click Next, and follow the instructions in the Network Installation wizard to complete the deployment of this service pack. ========================================================================== "hvymtlfan" wrote in message news:26686679.1095708831119.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > 2005 Based products over network, with a couple Service > Pack's on specific modules. > > Stupid question, yet why am I not seeing the MSP file from the > executable, either from WinZip, or as I use Power Archiver ?? > > Something so easy, yet need to point the .msp with regard to the .msi administrative image, and what am I lacking to extract > that .MSP off the Service Pack's ?? A post from 2004 product > base makes it clear (just as it is), to just "extract", yet ??? > > Thanks, in advance.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Terrain_IaPLS

The following is pasted from the AutoCAD 2005 SP1 Readme 1.. From the Autodesk Product Support website, download the service pack EXE file to your local computer. 2.. On the Start menu (Windows), click Run. Enter the following information, and then click OK: \\ /e \.msp I hope the above addresses your issue. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Consulting "hvymtlfan" wrote in message news:26686679.1095708831119.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > 2005 Based products over network, with a couple Service > Pack's on specific modules. > > Stupid question, yet why am I not seeing the MSP file from the > executable, either from WinZip, or as I use Power Archiver ?? > > Something so easy, yet need to point the .msp with regard to the .msi administrative image, and what am I lacking to extract > that .MSP off the Service Pack's ?? A post from 2004 product > base makes it clear (just as it is), to just "extract", yet ??? > > Thanks, in advance.
Message 4 of 4

Jerry,

As I had over the server, even our MIS dept. couldn't make it happen. I simply moved local, and it worked fine.
Think maybe BOTH of us just were copy/type happy, and had one too many "\" that kept calling for a directory that didn't exist, or ? knows in our switches for:
\\ /e \.msp

Hast makes waste, in this case stupidity.
Had all the info, no problem there. Operator error!

Regards !
Geoff T.

Xi Computer CM-MasterCase Pro 5 tower case (Win10 O.S.)
Ten Core i9-7900X @ 3.3/4.5GHz Sealed Water Cooled
w/ Asus PRIME X299-A mobo
32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.
Nvidia Quadro P2000 (span2) + 2000
3 ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED displays

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report