Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
518 Views, 7 Replies

Server version

Hi,

Currently I am using Autocard 2007 for my organization.

Now we want to increase the security & use.

For this we want to implement a Server version of autocard. Every data will be stored on server and users should access via Diskless Nodes.

Is there any server version of AUTOCARD??

If yes the what is the minimum software requirement for it.

Thanks

Jyotirmay

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are asking if there is a version of AutoCAD that supports an environment such as Terminal Services or other remote access where clients access an installed version of AutoCAD hosted by a single server, then your answer is no.  The only option for network use is a network license that is handled by the server.  However all client machines will need to have AutoCAD installed locally. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. So I can't run Autocard Server with Disk less nodes??

What is the working type in server network license methode. How does it work?

Can you please suggest me any other good option for enhancing my Autocard security. Which server version will be better??

Kindly help.

Regards,

Jyotirmay

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

What are you trying to accomplish? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

My working organization is a manufacturing industry. Where drawings & Maps are the most secured things. But now it is getting disclosed by the end user as they are using PC as storage device. So we want to control it via any server. Kindly suggest which will be better. Also how does the network licensing mode will work
Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

Sounds like what you want to use is a document management solution where the drawings are kept on the server instead of saved at the client.  The solution you need is called Autodesk Vault.  This will database all of your drawings at the server and clients will check them out to view/modify them and save them back to the server.  Your reseller can help you with this. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Can you please give a brief idea that how the networking License mode works??

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Yes.  The license manager is installed on the server.  The AutoCAD is installed on the client.  When the user launches AutoCAD on his client machine, it will retrieve a license from the server.  If no licenses are available, the program cannot be launched. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report