Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
matism
461 Views, 11 Replies

Server Issues

My problem is: When we try to open Revit 2013, it cannot connect to the server. But, when we open Inventor 2014 first, and then we open Revit, it connects just fine. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Original code is -15.570

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: matism

Welcome to the community. 

The -15 error simply states that the application cannot connect to the server.  But obviously you can make a connection.  So here is what I suggest:

1.  Set the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable to point to your @servername (or @IPaddress) on the client.  You might also verify the licpath.lic file for Revit is pointing to the correct place.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

2.  Set the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variable to add the amount of time the client polls the server for a license.  Start it at 1000000 (one-million = one second.)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

Although it is probably not an issue, since Inventor works, you can verify on the server that ports 27000 (lmgrd.exe) and 2080 (adskflex.exe) are open in the firewall and that you can PING the server from the client and get a valid IPv4 address.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
matism
in reply to: TravisNave

Tried those first two options, and no luck. Same thing happens: It asks for server name or Lic file, even by typing it in maually, it still will not connect.

Question: Did you want me to change that on the server compuetr or the student desktop? I did that on the server, now that I have re-read your post, it says to the client. Stand-by....

Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

Yep, client.  Also double-check the licpath.lic file as well.  And in the box, you can also try the IP address of the server too. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
matism

Still no luck. Did I mention that when I open Revit first locally on the client computer it works fine. But as a student login it will not work. Could it be somthing with the roaming profile?

How do I check the licpath.lic file? that is the file that was sent to me, I did combine the two paths into one, for each program, as your website instructed me to do.

Message 6 of 12
TravisNave

The LICPATH.LIC file is in the root directory of each application.  Double-check it for accuracy. 

When you combined your Autodesk license files, were they generated at the same time? 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 12
matism

The files were generated separetly. I believe that I received to separate emails, and I had to copy and paste them into the same wordpad file. Should I send you a screenshot of what I have?

Message 8 of 12
TravisNave

Yes, but in a PM so it remains private.  You can just copy/paste its contects into a message to me. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 12
matism

just sent through PM

Message 10 of 12
TravisNave

I don't see a problem with the license file, other than you have the 2013 release copied in twice. 

Any issues in the debug log when you try to launch the software and get a failure?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 12
matism

I don't see any flags in the log file

Although one part says: {adskflex} Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 1

Not sure if that means anything. It mentions that it sees the licenses being used currently, but again, if I open Revit first, it dosen't see server, but it does when I go through Inventor, then Revit.

Should I take out that 2013 twice that you mentioned.

Message 12 of 12
TravisNave

I'd take out the 2nd listing, personally.

As for the trusted storage error, it is normal as adsk products don't use it. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report