Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number turn to all 000-000000

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1782 Views, 3 Replies

Serial number turn to all 000-000000

Dear all,

i install my autocad lt 2008 on windows 7 and the problem is my serial number turn to 000-000000 i already try to update the serial number and enter the correct one but its still dislay all zero. any idea?

thanks

ADEEB

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it a network version?  Or is it already activated?  So long as you're licensed you should be fine. 

Just note that 2008 is not supported on Windows 7 and is known to have licensing issues. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
akiprima
in reply to: TravisNave

I have a 3Ds Max Design 2009 running on Windows 7 with the similar issue. 

We were raided by BSA recently and they were trying to use this as an excuse to confiscate that PC. We argued for some time, showing all the DVD and invoice. I can't believe they are saying we didn't deploy that serial even if we have a valid serial. Finally they left without confiscating anything.

I am actually the IT personnel of my company. I remember I installed it with the valid serial. So, it was my fault to never check, as the user didn't complain anything to me.

Then I reactivated the serial again. But I notice something. If we run the program as administrator, it will show the serial number. And it will show 000-000000 if we run it directly (without running as administrator).

Can any Autodesk personnel clarify this issue?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: akiprima

The software needs access to the registry for each user.  So it is advised that each user have at minimum, Power User rights. 

The BSA doesn't know what they are talking about anyway. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report