Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number problem - URGENT

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
martapetchame
631 Views, 5 Replies

Serial number problem - URGENT

Hello,

I am trying to install Autocad for Mac on my laptop, but for some reason Autodesk doesnt give me a Serial Number. I have tried with every version available, installing the trial version and then coming back to the site .. but nothing seems to work.

I need Autocad VERY urgently, help !

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi martapetchame,

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue. Are you trying to activate a trial? Where are you trying to obtain a serial number from; the Education Community, Subscription Center?

Thanks for any additional info you can provide

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

I am not trying to activate the trial, but to fully install the programme in my Mac, with unlimited use. That is why I need the Serial Number, which I am trying to obtain from the Education Community. As a university student I understand I can install the programme for free.

thank you

Message 4 of 6

You're correct. You can use the program for free if you are a university student.

At what point are you having difficulties? Were you able to register in the community? After registering you should log in, go to the Free Software section, select your program and download. You should then be given a serial number.

Have you tried the steps mentioned above? If so, at what point did you have issues? Again, the more detail you can give me on what exactly the issue is, the quicker we can get your program up and running:)

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 6

Yes I am registered. These are the steps I follow:

After selecting Autocad for Mac, the version, language, operating system and next, this is the message that appears on a different window 'We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time. Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days. Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link.'

I have tried downloading and installing the software in trial mode, then returning to the site, but I cannot find the Serial Number, and the programme doesnt appear on My Software, there is a 0 between brackets - My Software (0).

Message 6 of 6

Ok, in this case your best best is to keep using the program as a trial for and come back to the site in a couple of days. If the problem persists, you will need to create a new account on the Education Community and try to download again.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report