Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number is invalid for Autocad 2010

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
jjwillett
6323 Views, 13 Replies

Serial number is invalid for Autocad 2010

Hi, I am attempting to install Autocad 2010 on a new PC but keep getting an error that the serial number is invalid. The serial number is written clearly on the box and I am using the media from inside the box.

This copy of Autocad used to run on another PC which I uninstalled. Are the issues I am having caused by the fact that I did not do a license transfer before I uninstalled? Or is there some other issue?

Regards,

Josh

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: jjwillett

Dear jjwillett:

This error usuallly happens when the serial number has been upgraded to a newer version. You can directly contact our Registration and Activation Team or give them a call at 1-800-551-1490 (option #1 for English, then option #1 again for standalone deployment) for a manual activation. Alternatively, you can send me your serial number with request code (click on my name arlinpega.bibat and click on "Send this user a private message") so that I may validate and assist you with manual activation.

Best Regards, 

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 14
jjwillett
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Hi Arlin, I think you may be right. I have found install files for autocad 2011 on the client's server. Next time I am on site I will try to install Autocad 2011 with the same serial number and see if that resolves the problem. I'll let you know how I go.

Thanks for your help,

Josh 

Message 4 of 14
jjwillett
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Hi Arlin, I can only find a 32 bit version of autocad 2011 lt on the clients server. This new laptop is 64 bit so I cannot install. Is there anywhere I can download the 64 bit version?

Regards,

Josh

Message 5 of 14
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Josh,

Click here to download your AutoCAD LT 2010 64 bit version. Clicking on the "Downloading New/Updated Product" will take you to the Download page with all the other Autodesk Products. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 6 of 14
jjwillett
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi Joane, I have downloaded and installed 64 bit autocad lt 2011 on the new laptop. I then tried to export the 2011 lt license from the old laptop and received the error - 'export request failed, the serial number you entered is not valid'.

I noticed that the serial number and product key listed were different from the ones on the Autocad 2010 lt box which Arlin though may have been upgraded. I also tried activating autocad 2011 lt with the 2010 serials but this also failed.

Can you please advise where to go from here?

Message 7 of 14
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Josh,

I can manually generate the Activation Code for you instead of trying to importing/exporting the License.

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 8 of 14
jjwillett
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Is anyone else able to help me with this?

Message 9 of 14
martino.luth

I, too, have a similiar issue and my Support Case (Case ID: 09228311) hasn't been assigned or addressed yet.  

We changed the hostname of this computer when it was deployed to a new user. After doing so, AutoCAD 2010 states that the Activation Expired. When we attempt to reactivate it, it fails with "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)".

Please help us to resolve this. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Tim Banks (c/o Andrew Knoll)

Message 10 of 14
jessica.t
in reply to: martino.luth

Hi Andrew and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Apologies that it has taken so long to get your case resolved. I have marked it urgent and requested that it be processed as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience! If you have further questions or concerns please respond to my post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 14
martino.luth
in reply to: jessica.t

Many Thanks, Jessica!  We greatly appreciate as we have a New Intern who'll be forced to use AutoCAD 2008 until we can get that 2010 license activated.

Message 12 of 14
jessica.t
in reply to: martino.luth

No worries at all, I completely understand! I saw that your case was processed and closed but if you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 13 of 14

Hi there,

i realise this was answered a long time ago and you might not even work for autodesk anymore but im having the same problem as the original poster...see attachments.

I have recently wiped a machine and had to reinstall Autocad LT 2011 but its now saying the serial no. is not valid...can you help?!

many thanks,

Keith McNeill.

Message 14 of 14
jessica.t
in reply to: derekmackie6229

Hi @derekmackie6229 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For licensing assistance, please contact our Activation and Registration team:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

And for future posts, please do not publicly share any personal serial number information for your security. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report