Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Numbers is invalid

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
SFOXSHS
1327 Views, 12 Replies

Serial Numbers is invalid

We have had to reinstall on a student computer and the message Serial # is invalid.  Been trying to fix this for a month,  any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: SFOXSHS

Hello Sabrina!

Could be a few issues causing the invalid serial number error.

Most common, is AutoCAD for Mac 2012, that either requires the student download the latest release, or install in trial mode and install on first run. Additionally, there is a known issue with random Education Community profiles that prevents the licensing info from communicating properly and spits out that error as a result. A workaround for that scenario is to simply create a new account with a different email address.

I'd be more than happy to look into it if you could please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial number, product info, and students email address.

Message 3 of 13
leta84

i'm a student and i registered autocad 2013 few time ago. I decided to install 3ds max design and at the moment of the activation the serial number, the same of autocad activation, is wrong! please help me!

Message 4 of 13
amanda.k
in reply to: leta84

Hello Letizia,

Welcome to the community!

We're currently experiencing an Activation issue with the Education Community. While we work on correcting it, please run your product in 30 day trial mode.

Thank you and we appreciate your patience.

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 5 of 13
leta84
in reply to: amanda.k

thank you for the efficiency!! i get the activation of the product successfully!!! good job!

Message 6 of 13
nperalta

Hello, 

I am having the same problem. I am trying to install AutoCAD 3D Maps 2010 we have purchased on an upgraded computer and it tells me Invalid Serial. The serial is in pristine condition on the back of our CD case we purchased so I know the number is correct..

Is there any customer serivice number I can call or e-mail? 

Message 7 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: nperalta

Hi Christopher!

There's a good chance that the license was upgraded per a subscription contract that has since expired, and hence the error.

Can you please either contact our License Assistance Team (24X5) for direct activation support, or send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number to validate.

Message 8 of 13
RavenO9

Hello,
I'm having the same problem.

I installed Maya 2014 and and some minutes later Mudbox 2014. But when I tried to activate Mudbox, the serial number wasn't accepted anymore.

Would be great, if you could help me, too!
Message 9 of 13
camilo.lemos
in reply to: RavenO9

Hi Raven09,

I've had a look at your serial number and I do see Maya but I don't see Mudbox linked to it.

Could you try logging in the Education Community and starting the download of Mudbox again? You don't need to completel the download, just go as far as receiving the serial number and use it to activate the program. 

If that doesn't work, you may need to create a new account on the Education Community with a different e-mail adress.

Camilo Lemos

Message 10 of 13
rtate78

Hello amanda.k,

I am in IT for a high school in TX.  Is the Education Community still having issues with activation?  I had to reinstall Autodesk 2013 on a single lab computer using an admin image and it is saying my serial number is invalid.  It seemed fine in the early stages of install when I am asked for serial number and product key.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Ray Tate

Computer Repair & Support

Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD

817-306-0914 x8629 (SHS)  |  rtate@ems-isd.net

@amanda.k wrote:

Hello Letizia,

Welcome to the community!

We're currently experiencing an Activation issue with the Education Community. While we work on correcting it, please run your product in 30 day trial mode.

Thank you and we appreciate your patience.

Message 11 of 13
JDMather
in reply to: rtate78

@rtate78 wrote:

....  Is the Education Community still having issues with activation?  I had to reinstall Autodesk 2013 on a single lab computer ...  

I don't think the student license is intended for school lab computers.  You might check the EULA on the Education Community website.
I recommend that you contact your Edu institutional license VAR.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
Dandiemann

Hi guys.  I'm having the same issue.  I tried creating a new account with new email address, reinstalled Smoke, and ran the new serial number on the first run -- still not working.  Has anyoone found another solution to this?

Message 13 of 13
jessica.t
in reply to: Dandiemann

Hi Daniel and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For licensing assistance, please contact our Registration and Activation department through our Contact Us page. Please select your issue, topic, and then "I still need help" to pull up the associated chat options. If you have any further questions please respond to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report