Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security and consultants

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
AHILL
97 Views, 0 Replies

Security and consultants

I am trying to supply a site plan to a surveyer but the architect I am working for will not authorize the release of dwgs to anyone but "design team consultants". This surveyer likes to use the dwgs as a background to do his coordinate and spot elevation directly on our dwgs. I cannot supply a "locked file" through cad-lock, because he wouldn't be able to draw on the dwx or insert it into a new dwg. I talked to cad-lock people and they said they were working on the ability to lock existing dwgs, but allow new geometries to be added, but that this would not be avail. for a "long, long time". I decided to make the entire dwg a block with many, many attdefs that say ***VOID*** and UNDO-NOW!!! when the block is exploded(a trick I picked up from searching past posts to this problem) but I need to find a way to "lock" this block, not from being exploded (I understand this is not possible) but from being edited using the in-place block edit command. Is there a way to do this. some blocks and xrefs will not allow in-place modification, based on layer states, i believe, but cannot control this "error", it only happens at random. any suggestions!?!? thanks adam
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report