Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
plywoodsucks
417 Views, 1 Reply

Security System Error

I have the AutoCAD 2013 Free Version for students and ever since Tuesday night, whenever I start AutoCAD 2013, I get an error that says "Security system (softlock license manager) is not functioning or improperly installed." I press Ok and it closes AutoCAD. The first time this happened on Tuesday night, it gave me another error after pressing ok to the first one and then closed AutoCAD after pressing ok on the second error (I don't remember what the other error said). Since then, it just gives me the one error about the security system not functioning. I've been using the program for almost 2 months and it's been working fine until now. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
aaronhai
in reply to: plywoodsucks

Hi there,

Welcome to the Autodesk Forum Community.

This issue is typically related to permission over the  C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder that contain activation info (adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data and adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001). Please try giving Everyone full control permissions to the folder and see iif that helps.

This solution is documented here.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report