Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Error when clicking link to Customer Service Request form w/screenshot

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
raymond.marks
1632 Views, 7 Replies

Script Error when clicking link to Customer Service Request form w/screenshot

I'm using a developer key to activate Maya 2013 Ext and Max 2013.  In both cases, on multiple systems, I keep seeing the same issue.  

We've reached our Activation limit (which is fine) and receive the message telling us so.  From there, I click on the "Customer Service Request" link to submit a form for activation.  However, that link brings up the following Script error:

"Unable to get property 'submit' of undefined or null reference"

URL: https://registeronce.autodesk.com/prodreg/regtoday/collectRTFlexNetStandaloneParms!input.action

I have experienced the same issue on multiple systems, all brand new Windows 7 machines.  Once the script error occurs, I can't proceed, other than to just close the activation window.

Historically, I've been able to click the link, fill out the form, and will receive my activation key in email.   However, the last four systems I've attempted, on both Max and Maya, I received a script error, and can't get past that point.  

(fortunately - kudos to Autodesk's live chat for licensing - I've been able to get these activated through chat, but I'd still like to find out why the link isn't working

Screenshot attached

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: raymond.marks

What is your version of Internet Explorer?  And is it set for default browser?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
raymond.marks
in reply to: TravisNave

The three most current machines I used all have Internet Explorer 10 as default browser.    

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

That's what I kinda figured. Seeing some issues on IE10. Can you roll back
to 9 and try it?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8

I was able to license the two systems via the online chat support.  So I'm not sure I can duplicate it on these two systems.  However, I am expecting another identical system to arrive later this week and I will try it first on IE 10 to see if that duplicates the problem, then will roll it to IE 9 and try it.  Will post the results as soon as I have them.  (anticipate Friday or Monday, most likely)

-Ray

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

Definitely let us know.  I'd be interested in seeing if this is a reproducible bug.  Thanks!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8
raymond.marks
in reply to: TravisNave

I finally received that new system... a brand new out of the box HP z820 Workstation running Windows 7 Pro, IE 9 -- the problem occurred again making this the 5th system in a row to have the rror.  This time it was on IE 9. 

The steps I've taken that reproduce the error:

Installed Maya 2013 Ext.

Installed 3DS Max 2013.

Opened 3DS Max

Entered S/N and Production Number

(receive Activation Limit Reached message)

Clicked Customer Service Request link

(receive error as described in this bug)

Same error occurs in Maya as well.

These systems are completely clean .. The first thing installed on them after receiving them from HP is Maya.

Please let me know what information I can provide for you.

-Ray

Message 8 of 8

Also.. as an afterthought .. I just realized our company's SN is on that screen shot.  I'd appreciate it if that can be attachment can be  removed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report